Updating NS for domains

All other technical assistance queries (General technical issues, IPv6. P2P, News groups, etc)

Updating NS for domains

Postby JohnSCS on Mon May 18, 2015 8:06 am

With the new members area, I am unable to find how to change name servers for registered domains.
Am i missing something or do I need to order Domain Hosting to get access to the NS settings ?
JohnSCS

Re: Updating NS for domains

Postby angelos on Mon May 18, 2015 9:34 am

JohnSCS wrote:With the new members area, I am unable to find how to change name servers for registered domains.
Am i missing something or do I need to order Domain Hosting to get access to the NS settings ?

Please PM the domain names you are referring to or the service number so I could take a closer look at this.
angelos
Exetel Staff

Postby angelos on Mon May 18, 2015 9:42 am

PM received. For one domain you have domain hosting, but does not appear on your members. I will get this resolved.

However for the other domain you will need to purchase domain hosting from us if you wish to update your NS records. However you might already have this service with someone else so please check the current provider first and check with them.
angelos
Exetel Staff

Postby JohnSCS on Mon May 18, 2015 9:59 am

Thanks Angelo,

Yes, the DNS for the second domain is handled else where, but I should at least be able to update the Name Servers for this domain if needed without having to purchase domain name hosting.
JohnSCS

Postby angelos on Mon May 18, 2015 10:02 am

JohnSCS wrote:Thanks Angelo,

Yes, the DNS for the second domain is handled else where, but I should at least be able to update the Name Servers for this domain if needed without having to purchase domain name hosting.

You already have DNS hosting purchased. It is a slight glitch that will be sorted out for you within the course of the day. I will update you once it is fixed.
angelos
Exetel Staff

Postby angelos on Tue May 19, 2015 3:01 pm

We have been advised that the issue has been fixed now. Please check and let us know if you are seeing further issues.
angelos
Exetel Staff

Postby JohnSCS on Tue May 19, 2015 4:10 pm

Angelo,

For ruralnsw, the DNS is now available under domain hosting (which I do not use). But I cannot change the Primary & Secondary NS for the domain which is also listed under the domain hosting.
And for the the other, I cannot see the Primary & Secondary NS for the domain.

Delegation of domains (assigning name servers) should be under the domain registration section.
JohnSCS

Postby angelos on Tue May 19, 2015 4:31 pm

JohnSCS wrote:Angelo,

For ruralnsw, the DNS is now available under domain hosting (which I do not use). But I cannot change the Primary & Secondary NS for the domain which is also listed under the domain hosting.
And for the the other, I cannot see the Primary & Secondary NS for the domain.

Delegation of domains (assigning name servers) should be under the domain registration section.

Yes, you are not able to change the domain delegation. If you wish to get that changed, please drop an email to hosting@exetel.com.au from the nominated email address requesting the change specifically and we will be able to get this changed for you.
angelos
Exetel Staff

Return to Other