If I were to churn to another ISP...

All other technical assistance queries (General technical issues, IPv6. P2P, News groups, etc)

If I were to churn to another ISP...

Postby Franpa on Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:03 pm

What things should I be aware of, check, or backup etc.?

Exetel Email Address
Exetel Web Space
What else?
Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 920 @ 3.6GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 24GB DDR3 1500MHZ RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Integrated Sound Card | Corsair AX760 Platinum Power Supply | Exetel ZTE H268 Modem
Franpa

Re: If I were to churn to another ISP...

Postby Amila Fernando on Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:22 pm

Franpa wrote:What things should I be aware of, check, or backup etc.?

Exetel Email Address
Exetel Web Space
What else?

Once your service is terminated, unless you have selected to keep your emails or webspace these services will also be terminated. All data and emails will be deleted and no copies will be kept.

Also please take the time to print all previous invoices you may need for tax or other purposes before closing your account. Once your account is closed your invoices will no longer be available to you from this site and should you subsequently request a copy of any invoice there may be a considerable delay and charges for providing them.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================
Amila Fernando
Forum Admin

Postby Franpa on Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:53 pm

Amila Fernando wrote:Once your service is terminated, unless you have selected to keep your emails or webspace these services will also be terminated. All data and emails will be deleted and no copies will be kept.

Thanks, I assume a fee will be involved if I choose to retain the webspace and email accounts, what would the price be?
Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 920 @ 3.6GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 24GB DDR3 1500MHZ RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Integrated Sound Card | Corsair AX760 Platinum Power Supply | Exetel ZTE H268 Modem
Franpa

Postby Kaushalya on Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:03 am

Franpa wrote:
Amila Fernando wrote:Once your service is terminated, unless you have selected to keep your emails or webspace these services will also be terminated. All data and emails will be deleted and no copies will be kept.

Thanks, I assume a fee will be involved if I choose to retain the webspace and email accounts, what would the price be?

You could keep your web space active for 6 months by paying $45.00 and exemail accounts $30.00 for 6 months.
Kaushalya
Exetel Staff

Postby Franpa on Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:00 am

Thanks for the details.
Franpa

Postby Thy_Zombie! on Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:50 pm

Hi eXeTeL Staff

How do we select this option to keep emails & webspace? Looks like I will have to churn from eXeTeL because I've recently been advised you will cease supplying services to my address.

Wouldn't mind maintaining the emails and webspace for an additional period of time. Thanks.

- TZ!
Thy_Zombie!

Postby KavindaS on Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:39 am

Thy_Zombie! wrote:Hi eXeTeL Staff

How do we select this option to keep emails & webspace? Looks like I will have to churn from eXeTeL because I've recently been advised you will cease supplying services to my address.

Wouldn't mind maintaining the emails and webspace for an additional period of time. Thanks.

- TZ!

" You could keep your web space active for 6 months by paying $45.00 and exemail accounts $30.00 for 6 months."

You may request the above to the cancellation department when canceling the service.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby Thy_Zombie! on Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:49 pm

Hi KavindaS

Technically, I'm not cancelling my service. Exetel advised me be letter that it will be terminating my service towards the end of the month.

- TZ!
Thy_Zombie!

Postby altaafa on Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:58 pm

Thy_Zombie! wrote:Hi KavindaS

Technically, I'm not cancelling my service. Exetel advised me be letter that it will be terminating my service towards the end of the month.

- TZ!

When the service gets ceased at end of this month you will loose the web space and email service with Exetel. If you wish to keep those services with Exetel you may call our cancellation team and make the request.
altaafa
Exetel Staff

Postby Thy_Zombie! on Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:11 pm

Thank you.

- TZ!
Thy_Zombie!

Return to Other