adsl to nbn

All other technical assistance queries (General technical issues, IPv6. P2P, News groups, etc)

adsl to nbn

Postby GG3340 on Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:07 pm

hello, currently have dsl with exetel and soon will have the nbn here at home, what i would like to know is, am i able to transfer or move my dsl account (500gb with landline/phone) over to the nbn fibre (500gb - 25/5 with voip) when its operational? i dont wish to start a new contract at all as my current ends sometime next yr as it is. so it is possible to do?

thank you

Paul
GG3340

Re: adsl to nbn

Postby angelos on Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:14 pm

GG3340 wrote:hello, currently have dsl with exetel and soon will have the nbn here at home, what i would like to know is, am i able to transfer or move my dsl account (500gb with landline/phone) over to the nbn fibre (500gb - 25/5 with voip) when its operational? i dont wish to start a new contract at all as my current ends sometime next yr as it is. so it is possible to do?

thank you

Paul

Hi Paul,

I have requested our Sales team to check on this and let you know.
angelos
Exetel Staff

Postby natashaf on Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:24 pm

Hi Paul,

Hope you have received the required information through our sales representative. If you have any further inquiries please contact us on 0280301000 option 1.

Regards,

Natasha F
natashaf
Exetel Staff

Postby harryL on Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:06 pm

GG3340 wrote:hello, currently have dsl with exetel and soon will have the nbn here at home, what i would like to know is, am i able to transfer or move my dsl account (500gb with landline/phone) over to the nbn fibre (500gb - 25/5 with voip) when its operational? Paul

Hi Paul,

I was in your situation in March/April 15.

I ordered the new NBN service over the phone. And it became operational in late April.

The nbn service was treated as a new contract by Exetel - new login, new account details, etc...

I wanted and expected my ADSL service to stop as soon as my NBN service became available. But it did not and I needed to prompt.

I also needed to request getting my sms API account transferred into the new nbn account.

From memory, there were charges to begin the new NBN service..... but no charges to cease the ADSL service (although there was some discussion relating to when the ADSL service was to end - at the end of its monthly cycle?).

(I also had fun porting the telephone number to a VSP - voip provider).

I suggest you keep a "close eye" on things as the change-over occurs.

It was not a clean change over for me - hopefully you will experience better.

All the best.

H.

PS I cannot understand why your queries were answered directly "by a Sales person" - and not also answered in this forum - so other users can learn about what goes on - isn't that the purpose of the forum?
harryL

Return to Other