VOIP issues with Cisco SPA112 Analogue Telephone Adaptor

All other technical assistance queries (General technical issues, IPv6. P2P, News groups, etc)

VOIP issues with Cisco SPA112 Analogue Telephone Adaptor

Postby mcibud@exemail on Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:53 pm

I purchased a Cisco SPA112 analogue telephone adaptor a week ago and despite trying every suggestion I can find on the net I can’t get it to function properly.

At present, information under Line 1 Status reads as follows:
‘Registration State: Registered’
‘Hook State: Off’

The Line 1 indicator LED on the ATA flashes when the telephone cable is connected. When the telephone cable is disconnected the indicator LED is permanently on.

If I disconnect and then reconnect the phone cable to the ATA I get:
• a brief dial tone on the phone
• which then changes to an engaged tone for a longer period
• and finishes with a series of electronic-sounding tones
• then just silence.

When I attempt to submit alterations to the time settings I get the following message:
‘Changes cannot be applied while calls are in progress. Please try again when phones are idle.’ So the ATA thinks my phone is off the hook. I checked that all 3 cordless phones were on the hook - no joy; then tried an older style phone without success. However, the ATA does allow alterations to the time settings when the phone cable is disconnected. How do I go about altering the ‘Hook State’ from 'Off' to ‘On’?

Any suggestions to resolve these problems would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Ross
mcibud@exemail

Re: VOIP issues with Cisco SPA112 Analogue Telephone Adaptor

Postby Kumudh on Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:20 pm

mcibud@exemail wrote:I purchased a Cisco SPA112 analogue telephone adaptor a week ago and despite trying every suggestion I can find on the net I can’t get it to function properly.

At present, information under Line 1 Status reads as follows:
‘Registration State: Registered’
‘Hook State: Off’

The Line 1 indicator LED on the ATA flashes when the telephone cable is connected. When the telephone cable is disconnected the indicator LED is permanently on.

If I disconnect and then reconnect the phone cable to the ATA I get:
• a brief dial tone on the phone
• which then changes to an engaged tone for a longer period
• and finishes with a series of electronic-sounding tones
• then just silence.

When I attempt to submit alterations to the time settings I get the following message:
‘Changes cannot be applied while calls are in progress. Please try again when phones are idle.’ So the ATA thinks my phone is off the hook. I checked that all 3 cordless phones were on the hook - no joy; then tried an older style phone without success. However, the ATA does allow alterations to the time settings when the phone cable is disconnected. How do I go about altering the ‘Hook State’ from 'Off' to ‘On’?

Any suggestions to resolve these problems would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Ross

Hi Ross,

Apologies for the delay.

We can see two VoIP numbers under your account. one ending with 489 or ending with 528?. Please advise which number you are referring to so we can look into this.

Also if you are having difficulties with this handset it is best to speak to the manufacturer to see if they can shed some light to this.

Also if you are hav
Kumudh
Forum Admin

Return to Other