No reply for billing enquiry

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au

No reply for billing enquiry

Postby LindaB on Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:44 pm

I sent an email on the 15th Jan requesting Exetel to investigate some suspicious activity on my VOIP but have not received a reply yet. It was in regards to international calls being charged to my account which I never made, can someone please read my email & reply to it letting me know what is being done to address it.
LindaB

Re: No reply for billing enquiry

Postby AzwanM on Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:46 pm

LindaB wrote:I sent an email on the 15th Jan requesting Exetel to investigate some suspicious activity on my VOIP but have not received a reply yet. It was in regards to international calls being charged to my account which I never made, can someone please read my email & reply to it letting me know what is being done to address it.

Hi Linda,

We will investigate this and get back to you shortly.

Thank you for your patience.
AzwanM
Exetel Staff

Postby 86204DV on Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:09 am

I had international call charged against my VOIP number too. Exetel blamed me for not keeping the password secured and changing it often.
First they agreed to refund but never did. It took me 4-5 months and multiple calls / tickets to get the money refunded, which they only did because someone at their end had "mistakenly" said refund will be given, as goodwill gesture.

The call originated after midnight and were to multiple european countries in multiples of 30 seconds overs 4-5 days. The only way I came to know about this is when I saw in my bill. From memory there was $30 or so
I changed passwords and then the same happened again - this time for lesser amount, about $5 or so. And I decided to swallow it and not waste time with exetel.

I wonder what/how is the financial transaction at the back? How are those who are hacking the system getting money? Where is the money going? in order to trace. Exetel has no idea and will not do anything. Exetel is simply interested in direct debiting out account.
This can very much be police case, I guess. Exetel and other ISPs are in the best position to collect data and report. I wonder.

Billing team at Exetel is useless.
86204DV

Postby Thushari on Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:09 pm

86204DV wrote:Re: No reply for billing enquiry

Hi 86204DV,
As per the discussion we had today, please do let me know if you believe you have been charged further than the amount we had already credited and I will look in to it for you.
Thushari
Exetel Staff

Postby LindaB on Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:10 pm

Thank you for your help resolving this issue.
LindaB

Postby 86204DV on Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:42 pm

Thushari wrote:
86204DV wrote:Re: No reply for billing enquiry

Hi 86204DV,
As per the discussion we had today, please do let me know if you believe you have been charged further than the amount we had already credited and I will look in to it for you.

Thank you. Yes, credit was eventually provided. All is well that ends well.
86204DV

Return to Invoicing & billing