Billed for a month when I haven't moved in yet...

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au
Golden Path

Billed for a month when I haven't moved in yet...

Post by Golden Path » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:13 pm

Hi there,

As I'm moving house at the end of the month, I thought I would arrange my wireless NBN with you guys well in advance as I did not know how long the process would take.

I actually move in on 31/8 - the service was activated on 1/8 which was quicker than I expected (bravo!)

However at no point was I given the option of specifying a start date or move in date etc, and have already been billed for a month of internet when I'm not even going to be there.

Is it possible for the billing to actually start on a certain date, being the move in date when I will first log in and access the service and if so can I get the unused month ($70) credited back?

Thanks.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Billed for a month when I haven't moved in yet...

Post by KavindaS » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:26 pm

Golden Path wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:13 pm
Hi there,

As I'm moving house at the end of the month, I thought I would arrange my wireless NBN with you guys well in advance as I did not know how long the process would take.

I actually move in on 31/8 - the service was activated on 1/8 which was quicker than I expected (bravo!)

However at no point was I given the option of specifying a start date or move in date etc, and have already been billed for a month of internet when I'm not even going to be there.

Is it possible for the billing to actually start on a certain date, being the move in date when I will first log in and access the service and if so can I get the unused month ($70) credited back?

Thanks.
Hi,
We will consider this based on no usage. However, could you please send us an email stating this from your nominated email address to billing@exetel.com.au ?

Golden Path

Post by Golden Path » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:03 am

OK, will do.

Thanks. :)

Golden Path

Post by Golden Path » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:17 am

Well, I got told I have to pay anyway, as I didn't nominate a start date for the service - which wasn't an option when I ordered the service online, which was what I was told to do when I called.

I will just suck it up I guess, I've had good service for so many years and next to no outages with Exetel.

Hopefully the the fixed wireless will be just as good.

nicoler
Exetel Staff

Post by nicoler » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:34 pm

Golden Path wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:17 am
Well, I got told I have to pay anyway, as I didn't nominate a start date for the service - which wasn't an option when I ordered the service online, which was what I was told to do when I called.

I will just suck it up I guess, I've had good service for so many years and next to no outages with Exetel.

Hopefully the the fixed wireless will be just as good.
Hi

We currently do not have the option to select the date as to when a service can be activated. Once the order is submitted this is sent to our suppliers to get the earliest possible date to activate the service. The billing will start once the service is activated.

Kind Regards
Nicole

Golden Path

Post by Golden Path » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:28 pm

Thanks for the reply. I understand that option is not there now, I wasn't sure how long it would take to set the connection up, and with so much else to plan with moving house I got in early to start the process well ahead of time.