Billed for a month when I haven't moved in yet...

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au
Golden Path

Billed for a month when I haven't moved in yet...

Post by Golden Path » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:13 pm

Hi there,

As I'm moving house at the end of the month, I thought I would arrange my wireless NBN with you guys well in advance as I did not know how long the process would take.

I actually move in on 31/8 - the service was activated on 1/8 which was quicker than I expected (bravo!)

However at no point was I given the option of specifying a start date or move in date etc, and have already been billed for a month of internet when I'm not even going to be there.

Is it possible for the billing to actually start on a certain date, being the move in date when I will first log in and access the service and if so can I get the unused month ($70) credited back?

Thanks.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Billed for a month when I haven't moved in yet...

Post by KavindaS » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:26 pm

Golden Path wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:13 pm
Hi there,

As I'm moving house at the end of the month, I thought I would arrange my wireless NBN with you guys well in advance as I did not know how long the process would take.

I actually move in on 31/8 - the service was activated on 1/8 which was quicker than I expected (bravo!)

However at no point was I given the option of specifying a start date or move in date etc, and have already been billed for a month of internet when I'm not even going to be there.

Is it possible for the billing to actually start on a certain date, being the move in date when I will first log in and access the service and if so can I get the unused month ($70) credited back?

Thanks.
Hi,
We will consider this based on no usage. However, could you please send us an email stating this from your nominated email address to billing@exetel.com.au ?

Golden Path

Re: Billed for a month when I haven't moved in yet...

Post by Golden Path » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:03 am

OK, will do.

Thanks. :)