Plan speed change issue

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au
geoffyboy

Plan speed change issue

Post by geoffyboy » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:11 pm

Hi.
I thought I would let you know that the NBN terms of use in regard to plan speed changes are not right.

I went over my 500G data and when I got home I logged in and changed data allowance to unlimited.

In you terms of use it states
"If you change your monthly data allowance only, your plan change will come into effect straight away. Because you’ve already paid us one month in advance you will be issued a new invoice on the following business day with a credit for the un-used percentage of the month of your old plan. The invoice will also include the full new monthly fee for your new plan."

I had ring to find out why it did not (go into effect straight away)

I was told by the person on the phone that it can take a couple of days. After explaining that was incorrect and referred them to the terms of service on your website, they come back with "it will take a couple of hours"

Now which is it?

If it says that in the terms of service, then it should be straight away.

I am now waiting to have the shaping removed and new data allowance provided.

Fair to say I'm not impressed. I've been with you guys for a very long time and this has disappointed me.

geoffyboy

Re: Plan speed change issue

Post by geoffyboy » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:26 pm

Well....
It took around an hour and half.
Still not really good considering terms of use states immediately.

natashaf
Exetel Staff

Re: Plan speed change issue

Post by natashaf » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:57 am

Hi,

If there is no speed change involved the plan should come into effect immediately.

Please PM your SN and we will arrange someone to contact you and resolve the issue.

Thank you