Overdue email for invoice that has actually been paid

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au
mortshag

Overdue email for invoice that has actually been paid

Post by mortshag » Tue May 05, 2020 9:31 pm

On 5 May 2020 I got an email purporting to be from Exetel alleging that an invoice was unpaid when in fact it was via credit card on 04 May 2020. The email says to ignore its content of the payment has been made within 48 hours. I have never received one of these emails before (so why now?) and my initial reaction was that it was a scam and that someone had hacked the database as the amount was correct.
As a general business proposition you will only annoy customers if you send out emails like this. There is no commercial reason to do so when you should know that amount has been paid. Your backend systems should not allow such emails to issue and many businesses can manage not to irritate people with such unnecessary stuff which suggests a lack of commercial competence to me.

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Re: Overdue email for invoice that has actually been paid

Post by KavindaS » Sat May 09, 2020 12:33 am

mortshag wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 9:31 pm
On 5 May 2020 I got an email purporting to be from Exetel alleging that an invoice was unpaid when in fact it was via credit card on 04 May 2020. The email says to ignore its content of the payment has been made within 48 hours. I have never received one of these emails before (so why now?) and my initial reaction was that it was a scam and that someone had hacked the database as the amount was correct.
As a general business proposition you will only annoy customers if you send out emails like this. There is no commercial reason to do so when you should know that amount has been paid. Your backend systems should not allow such emails to issue and many businesses can manage not to irritate people with such unnecessary stuff which suggests a lack of commercial competence to me.
If you forward the email to billing@exetel.com.au, they will validate it and confirm to you by replying.

This appears to be not an email sent by Exetel and possibly a scam.

Mick.G

Post by Mick.G » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:46 pm

I have the exact same problem here..Paid my mobile bill, now they will not let me pay my fibre bill, so then they can give another $10 bill for there incompetent billing system.

nilushid
Admin

Post by nilushid » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:29 pm

Mick.G wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:46 pm
I have the exact same problem here..Paid my mobile bill, now they will not let me pay my fibre bill, so then they can give another $10 bill for there incompetent billing system.
Hi

Can you PM us your customer ID or the service number to check this from our end.

Thanks

Mick.G

Post by Mick.G » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:12 pm

for a small fee , yes

Manujaa
Exetel Staff

Post by Manujaa » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:04 pm

Hi ,

As requested please provide us your customer ID or service number to investigate your matter.

Regards
ManujaA