Admin fee increase

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au
kookaburra2

Re: Admin fee increase

Post by kookaburra2 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:05 am

A bit of a shock, being a new Exetel customer. But it's a tiny amount really for a fabulous service.
I would have thought that even tho the charge is admin, that you would continue to charge more for credit card payments than for direct debit. After all, if the two methods cost the same, I (and many others) will switch from direct debit to credit card for the convenience and the points. That will result in higher costs to Exetel, so negating some of the revenue from the new fee. So why not have an admin fee if it is necessary, AND a credit card fee as well?
K2

soaper

Post by soaper » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:16 am

does the fee apply to stand alone mobile accounts??

the account holder (son) got the mail before me actually

peterh_oz

Post by peterh_oz » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:32 am

ForumAdmin wrote:
tin wrote:
I'm on M1 and I did get the email. So, like zaxapod says, another email needs to go out if HSPA customers shouldn't be paying this fee.
That will be done later today.
Thanks

wizard

Post by wizard » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:51 am

I came from AAPT(1500/15gig) paying $80 per month to Exetel paying $65 (inc line rental) on 1500 with 6/48 which was increased twice with no extra charge to 8/48 and then to 12/48.
After 6 months I changed to naked (getting 5000 speed)at $0 set up on the 12/48 plan for $45 (inc 100 calls), if I was still at AAPT they have increased the plan I was on by $10 making it $90 plus $18 (100 calls) so leaving me $60 (per month) better off even with the $3 admin fee.
I personally believe exetel offer the best value internet package and have no problem with them implementing measures to ensure that they will get through these tough times ahead.

Netmage

Post by Netmage » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:27 am

"There will be no account administration charge for a standalone HSPA account."

Thankyou.

Now, the fine details.

Prior to this (and hopefully a temporary) accounting fee addon, credit card users were charged a $1.10 (bank tax) fee and direct debit was free of charge for any signup.

Please clarify what charge a credit card user will pay for using a standalone HSPA account.

Just a note from my self on the exetel email that was sent out advising of the new 3$ fee.

I'm sure i'm not alone in this thought but the way it was written was designed to inflame customers whether it was meant to or not.

The jist of the email to me was, Hello, we are exetel, we do business in a way we don't think you'll understand, the law says we can jamn the customer for more money if we give you 21 days notice, so we are, so there, if you don't like it, leave, sorry.

I'm sure that exetel users are up to date with the current world events and most of them would realise that any Australian business dealing with resources attached to the rest of the world is gonna have some sharp rude shock adjustments thrust upon it. I would expect that Exetel's business plan for this year has taken a beating and probably been adjusted weekly to try and make sense of it.
I would think it unfair that users condemn Exetel mangement for not being able to plan for such an event. A lot bigger businesses than exetel are not gonna be here in 12 months. Exetel, unlike BigSwamp don't have the luxury of a business model that says "how nuch can we rip off a customer before they actually realise it and leave" and pad out costs or jamn their wholesale customers for more $$.

Perhaps that letter could have been written in a tone that stated the real facts and showed a little more trust and respect in it for the users.

Netmage

croziac

Post by croziac » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:44 am

Hello,
I see that in the email it gives me the option of transferring to another provider or cancelling.

If I choose to cancel my service, how do I undertake this notification?

via. email or would I have to call one of your customer service operators prior to the 19/12/08

Thanks in advance,
Croziac

Dawn

Post by Dawn » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:47 am

We have just joined Exetel having found they offered a very reasonably service for what our needs were. This accounting increase stills make it reasonable but only just. What our thoughts are regarding this increase is - Can we pay 3 months at a time cutting the accounting fee to $3.00 every 3 months?

plovegro

Post by plovegro » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:05 pm

Is there any other way we can pay our bills other than Automatic payment from CC or our bank accounts??

cosjav

Post by cosjav » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:07 pm

Exetel are still the best option for me... its only 3 bucks after all...

dv3

Post by dv3 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:13 pm

Okay well im really dissapointed with exetel with the increase in fee :(

But anyways, i have a question.

If i still wanted to remain with exetel can i change plans from a 512/128 to a 1500/256 without the fee?? As i believe that is a much better value now especially since the increase in fees that jumped from 0% to 300%.

The only reason im asking this is for the following reasons:

1. I am extremely poor (only a first yr UNI student)
2. The money that im currently paying for the plan is really expensive to me (every cent counts especially in terms of value, but i understand exetels point of view for this increase)

Also Users who dont like this and want to switch ISP dont get charged a $60 or so fee even if there still on a contract. I believe if users dont like this they should get a choice of either leaving or choosing a different plan whether or not the speed changes without paying a fee. Cause thats like saying leave and i wont penalise you but if you stay i'll charge $3 more a month and an additional $25 if you plan to change to a cheaper plan.

trev

Post by trev » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:20 pm

I'm sure i'm not alone in this thought but the way it was written was designed to inflame customers whether it was meant to or not.
I think you are alone. Both myself and my wife received this email. My wife just said to me "Isn't it refreshing to receive an email from a company that treats you like an adult instead of a customer number". I couldn't agree more. We could probably consolidate the two accounts into one, but we're not inclined to do so. It's a small price to pay for the value that Exetel provides.

In the 4+ years that I have been an Exetel customer, there's been many price reductions (and a smaller number of price increases as a result of plans being discontinued) and value increases (SMS/off-peak/peak quota etc), leaving Exetel's corporate charity to one side.

Looking back to my original June 2004 1500/256 service I see I was paying $50 + $1 credit card surcharge, $20/month for Vodafone mobile, $22/month for Telstra DNS. today I'm paying $27.50 + $1.10 for ADSL2+, $20 pa for Exetel DNS, and generally less than $1/month for Exetel mobile phone. A considerable saving.

If Exetel needs to charge me an extra $1.90/month to ensure the continuity of its business, and my considerable savings over other providers, I am more than happy to pay it. Keep up the good work John, Annette, Steve and the rest of the Exetel gang, some of us really appreciate it ... if only for completely selfish reasons.

soaper

Post by soaper » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:32 pm

plovegro wrote:Is there any other way we can pay our bills other than Automatic payment from CC or our bank accounts??
maybe they take secret gold bars
maybe they like the soap i make
maybe they like my banana cake :D :idea: :D

but probably the answer will be................nope.
checks bounce.
cash takes time and money to transact

that is why god invented CC and fly buy points for me........ I switched to CC already today

facteur

Post by facteur » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:56 pm

I'm currently on "Non Phone A" plan.

As a result of the admin fee increase, is it possible to change to a "Non Phone Z" plan (i.e. a lower quota plan) _without_ restarting the contract and _without_ any fees for switching?

Could someone please clarify this

Thanks,
Facteur

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:53 pm

facteur wrote:I'm currently on "Non Phone A" plan.

As a result of the admin fee increase, is it possible to change to a "Non Phone Z" plan (i.e. a lower quota plan) _without_ restarting the contract and _without_ any fees for switching?

Could someone please clarify this

Thanks,
Facteur

You can change between nonphone plans at any time without any plan change charge.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:54 pm

croziac wrote:Hello,
I see that in the email it gives me the option of transferring to another provider or cancelling.

If I choose to cancel my service, how do I undertake this notification?

via. email or would I have to call one of your customer service operators prior to the 19/12/08

Thanks in advance,
Croziac
To cancel a plan you use the cancel plan function in the user facilities.