Double Billing

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au
Jemson

Double Billing

Post by Jemson » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:03 am

Hello,

I emailed billing@exetel.com.au a week ago and never got a response.

I had an Exetel service at my old house, and had the service 'moved' (disconnected and reconnected) to my new address.
My old service was disconnected on the morning of the 4th November, but have been charged the full amount for November on that service, as well as charged for the month of November on my new service. The invoice in question is E0001811698.

Also I attempted on several occasions to raise a ticket for this on Cerberus, but the adding of email addresses function is broken, therefore I cannot raise a ticket.

Could you please follow up on this and organize a pro-rata refund for the now disconnected service?

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Double Billing

Post by jokiin » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:12 am

Jemson wrote:Hello,

I emailed billing@exetel.com.au a week ago and never got a response.

I had an Exetel service at my old house, and had the service 'moved' (disconnected and reconnected) to my new address.
My old service was disconnected on the morning of the 4th November, but have been charged the full amount for November on that service, as well as charged for the month of November on my new service. The invoice in question is E0001811698.

Also I attempted on several occasions to raise a ticket for this on Cerberus, but the adding of email addresses function is broken, therefore I cannot raise a ticket.

Could you please follow up on this and organize a pro-rata refund for the now disconnected service?
when you terminated your old account you have to agree to the terms and conditions which include the following

Please bear in mind when canceling/transferring an ADSL or Wireless service that the service is billed one month in advance and no refunds/rebates for unused days are given by Exetel.

Jemson

Post by Jemson » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:48 am

What a joke! It was cancelled three days into the new month.
What are people expected to do when moving?
I have a good mind to contact the TIO.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:55 am

Jemson wrote:What a joke! It was cancelled three days into the new month.
the terms and conditions are there when you process, there is no deception involved and nothing to do with the TIO either, not sure why you think otherwise :shock:

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:20 pm

Jemson wrote:What a joke! It was cancelled three days into the new month.
I suggest you follow up billing and see what they have to say.