Relocation / Recontracting Questions

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au
Lonx

Relocation / Recontracting Questions

Post by Lonx » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:54 am

I will be moving at the end of this month and therefore have to submit a 'move adsl' request for the disconnect/reconnect/recontract to take place. I have a couple of questions which would be great to resolve if you have the time :) I'm currently on ADSL2+ NONPHONE B.

1. When I submit the relocation form, can I choose for my current service to be terminated on my move date & have the new ADSL service submitted for connection in advance of this date? If so, am I best to submit the relocation form when I have the phone line connected at the new premises?

2. There is talk of new plans coming out from the beginning of July - if I submit this relocation form mid-June, will I be able to 'upgrade' to one of these new plans when they are released & will there be any associated costs in doing so? Assuming I will continue to pay the same amount or more on the new plan.

3. Will I pay for the full month terminating or will it be pro-rata, considering I am staying with Exetel and not canceling to go elsewhere?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Lonx

Re: Relocation / Recontracting Questions

Post by Lonx » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:24 pm

Sorry for the early question - ignore #1... I clicked through the recontract form & see that it asks you to have new phone line connected before submitting. Therefore I guess the connection for the new location attempts to process as per normal 'new connection' request (ie. from that moment onwards).

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:39 pm

Lonx wrote:2. There is talk of new plans coming out from the beginning of July - if I submit this relocation form mid-June, will I be able to 'upgrade' to one of these new plans when they are released & will there be any associated costs in doing so? Assuming I will continue to pay the same amount or more on the new plan.
Not sure about this one. Perhaps it would be best to email residentialsales@exetel.com.au to confirm. Since the new plans amount to changes in pricing structure and still retain the same service (bundled or Naked) as the existing plans, I would see no technical impediment to switching from an old to a new plan but you probably want to confirm with Exetel directly to ensure there are no costs or contract lengthenings associated with this.
Lonx wrote:3. Will I pay for the full month terminating or will it be pro-rata, considering I am staying with Exetel and not canceling to go elsewhere?
If all you are doing is switching plans, then the change doesn't become effected until the 1st business day of the new month, therefore there are no pro-rata concerns

Lonx

Post by Lonx » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:00 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:
Lonx wrote:If all you are doing is switching plans, then the change doesn't become effected until the 1st business day of the new month, therefore there are no pro-rata concerns
Cheers, I meant for the month when I'm actually 'terminating' the service at the current location rather than when switching plans. Thanks for your reply too btw,

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:19 pm

I suspect it will be treated similarly to http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.ph ... 10#p231610 where the unused portion of a migrated service is credited in the month following the move. However, that thread was regarding ADSL1->ADSL2+ and things might be different in your case, so for official confirmation you should probably email billing@exetel.com.au