Account Temp. Suspended - Will it be restored by the weekend

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au
dv3

Account Temp. Suspended - Will it be restored by the weekend

Post by dv3 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:23 am

Hey.

I have been with extel for almost a year now (+ uptil now its been great) and now my account has been suspended due to not having enough funds in my account. The reason why i didnt have enough is because i thought i only had to pay $43 since i didnt go over my download limit on peak (only used about 2GB in offpeak out of 54GB). Although when i checked to see if i went over the additional 2GB shaped period (this was the last day of may), i noticed that i have and recieved a extel notice that says " i will be charged if i continue". Of course i didnt press continue considering there is only a day left of the month after it roles back.

Although Yesterday, i needed to send an assignment (and still have about 3 to send in via blackboard on Sunday) and i cant access the internet. I realised i went over a bit (23MB), but isnt exetel suppose to warn you that you went over and display a message that you should accept to be charged (which i didnt).

Now i am without internet, and cannot do my assignments, send them or nothing.

I dont mind to pay the extra $6 but i want to make sure that i will have internet connectivity by this weekend.

Otherwise im screwed.

I will go to the bank this afternoon (@ about 3pm AEST) deposit that $6 bucks so it covers that fee.

I believe extel should fix the shaped system seriously. Maybe slowing it down to 64k or even dialup speeds.

Regards
Dean

JasonM

Re: Account Temp. Suspended - Will it be restored by the weekend

Post by JasonM » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:26 am

If you have a credit card, you can pay be Credit Card online within 10 minutes the service should be unblocked.

A new direct debit request will consume 3 business days.

dv3

Post by dv3 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:26 am

I dont have a credit card.

dv3

Post by dv3 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:51 pm

So will it be processed by this afternoon at 4:30pm AEST?

As im in desperate need of internet (cause of my UNI assignments)

If not, is there a way i can get my internet asap? (other than credit card)

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:02 pm

It takes 3 business days to process a direct debit.

Some banks offer Visa debit cards, which allow you to spend your own money, it behaves like a credit card, without the credit card bill.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:11 pm

dv3 wrote:If not, is there a way i can get my internet asap? (other than credit card)
Don't think there is. You probably want to look for a temporary internet service. If you can't utilise any friends' or relatives' internet connections then other options are prepaid dial-up services from various places or perhaps an internet cafe?

dv3

Post by dv3 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:08 am

I just got charged $30 from my bank institution because of this and im not really that impressed :x

Which means not only do i need to pay that extra $6 (=$49) which exetel didnt warn me about, i also have to pay $30 fee to my bank because of exetel + i wont have any access to the internet for a week.

Now im thinking of churning from exetel to tpg........since i hardly use off peak and depend on peak to do my stuff.

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:13 am

Your bank imposed the fee, it's hardly Exetel's fault.

The invoices are generated at the same time each month, the first working day. You can see them in your members facilities on that day, and you can see in the total field the intended amount to be debited.

dv3

Post by dv3 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:50 am

JasonM wrote: Some banks offer Visa debit cards, which allow you to spend your own money, it behaves like a credit card, without the credit card bill.
Hmm, interesting.

Whats the difference between a Visa Debit Card and a Newcastle Permanent Cash/key Card???

Regards
Dean

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:53 am

One has the VISA / Mastercard logo on it, the other is an EFTPOS type card (so it's not as functional as a credit card).
The VISA / Mastercard debit cards can be processed as if they were a credit card, this will not work with EFTPOS cards though.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:40 am

dv3, consider joining a credit union - see http://www.abacus.org.au/credit_unions/find/NSW.html for a list. Many are open to the public at large. Much friendlier, mostly fee-free, full range of domestic banking services, and they issue Visa debit cards (Visa usually charges a small monthly fee though).

dv3

Post by dv3 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:44 am

Oh okay, so other than that there both the same except the cash/cheque/key card cannot be processed immediatly (or online) but a Visa Debit card can? Is everything else the same? does the Visa debit card charge more (like in late fees?). Should i switch to Visa Debit (although the only thing i'll be using it with is my internet bill [^_^] )

Regards
Dean

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:58 am

Dean, I have a Visa card that is either a debit card or a credit card as the merchant sees it. I tell the merchant what to treat it as. In practice Visa debits me the same day for either use, but the fee payable to Visa by the merchant differs.

zimzam

Post by zimzam » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:53 pm

I paid over 6 hours ago and still have no internet... I lost my credit card and reported it stolen. Exetel bounced so I paid and updated the details.

What do I do? It says "Your Payment Status Is Good" under failed Payment Status.

What is the step I am missing?

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:02 pm

Reboot modem, check username and password.

If you think it's still blocked, PM the number to me.