Incorrect call charges

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au
chrish

Incorrect call charges

Post by chrish » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:08 pm

Hello,

I'm currently on NC2DSLB.

According to the Exetel user facilities, local calls on my telephone plan should be charged at 18c.

I don't many calls out of that line, but from what I can see, I've been charged 25c/call since I took out the plan a few months ago.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

chrish

Re: Incorrect call charges

Post by chrish » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:16 pm

I would also like to know what this charge is for:
Long distance calls with other provider - Surcharge - $10.00
I have been charged this amount every month.

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:17 pm

25c Call Charges - are they to 1300 numbers?
$10 charge for long distance applies if you have long distance with another carrier - do you have another carrier billing long distance calls to your service?

chrish

Post by chrish » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:21 pm

Ok.. i just checked the meter in my exetel member facilities. They aren't a standard number.. so must be charged the same as a 1300.
I don't actually make calls on that line, its a monitoring system on the premises.

And I don't have any carrier bill long distance calls to my number. I initially had a naked service, I then requested exetel add a landline. So whatever exetel has setup on my service.

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:29 pm

In that case, email billing@exetel.com.au and ask they review the Long Distance related charges from the time they were first applied.

chrish

Post by chrish » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:30 pm

ok. will do that now.

chrish

Post by chrish » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:20 am

I have yet to receive a response from billing about this.
Has it been looked at?

there are two issues:

- the long distance surcharge ($10 each month)
- the first month I took out the new plan, I was charged $30 for line rental instead of $15. (Feb 09)

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:42 am

Billing are busy at present, but if you have your ticket number, I can find out if it has been actioned yet.

amnew

Post by amnew » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:12 pm

I am a new user and have just checked my bill and notices I too have this incorrect charge in my bill this month. Seems like a number of us have this charge in our invoices. I have emailed billing today to ask about it.

Just wondering is this because I put a tick against the item that said: I understand that my monthy access charge will increase by $10.00 per month if I chosse another provider for long distance calls??

What I thought it is asking is whether I understand such a thing can happen and yes I do understand what the sentence means and so tick it. But I did not think it was asking if I am actually going to use another provider for long distance calls. The fact is I don't even have another provider. This is really confusing then. If that is the reason, then I think that item should be rephrased so that new applicants will not misunderstand by "understanding" and tick erroneously.

dtn22

Post by dtn22 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:55 pm

i was also charged $10 for long distance calls with other provider as well here is my forum on this topic http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=33057.
I contacted the billing enquiry and a week later they said they will credit $10 back to my next bill. Its seem that Exetel have been making a few errors, dont know if its human errors or a glitch in thier systems. Just have to double check every bills from now on and monitor your usage.