Prorata downloads?

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au
Hashkent

Prorata downloads?

Post by Hashkent » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:34 pm

Hi,

Just transferred from Internode to Exetel, just wondering if downloads are prorated? In the Exetel members area it saids I've got the full download quota available but we've only got 5 days left in the month... Are the quota's prorated like billing for first of the month or does Exetel give you a full quota? (Not looking to abuse it, just need to know if I need to keep my usage under 800mb - 1GB a day to keep under the peak limit (kids at home on school holidays etc)...

vk3xem

Re: Prorata downloads?

Post by vk3xem » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:10 pm

Yes, you will only have a percentage of you quota until the new month.
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

Terebro

Post by Terebro » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:33 pm

How are we supposed to know how much we can download without going out of our quotta?

I have just been charged $105 for going over my quotta, as our service started on the 9th of June.

dbr

Post by dbr » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:57 pm

If you were connected on the 9th of June then you have 30-9/30 * quota for each period

which gives 21 / 30 or 0.7. So if your quota was 12GB you could use 0.7 * 12 = 8.4 GB
http://www.saferoz.com.au
First Aid * Fire * Safety

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:11 pm

Terebro wrote:How are we supposed to know how much we can download without going out of our quotta?

I have just been charged $105 for going over my quotta, as our service started on the 9th of June.
$105 sounds like a lot of excess usage (i.e. $3/GB * 35GB = $105).
Oh, HSPA.

I can see your ticket with the billing team, who should respond once they've investigated the issue.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:51 pm

Terebro wrote:How are we supposed to know how much we can download without going out of our quotta?
You check your usage meter.

In the original post, Hashkent said "In the Exetel members area it said I've got the full download quota available". Prepaid HSPA plans however have the usage allowance explicitly pro-rated in the Usage meter so you can tell exactly how much you are allowed.

Munka

Post by Munka » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:43 am

CoreyPlover wrote:

In the original post, Hashkent said "In the Exetel members area it said I've got the full download quota available". Prepaid HSPA plans however have the usage allowance explicitly pro-rated in the Usage meter so you can tell exactly how much you are allowed.
If that is the case, that adjustment did not take place, at least in my case.
The Usage meter for June showed the full allowance though I had only taken the service up on the 17th.
I went slightly over the allowance, but of course I was aware of that as I had done the 'sums'.

Edit: sigh, just read that Corey was refering to prepaid plans. :oops:
Munka

Terebro

Post by Terebro » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:18 am

CoreyPlover wrote:

I checked my Useage meter several times a day leading up to the end of the month (to ensure I didn't go over my quotta) and I can assure you the Usage meter indicated I was well WITHIN my quotta.
Munka wrote: If that is the case, that adjustment did not take place, at least in my case.
The Usage meter for June showed the full allowance though I had only taken the service up on the 17th.
I went slightly over the allowance, but of course I was aware of that as I had done the 'sums'.
Exactly what happened to me, and I was 2096mb over my quotta.

There was no indication of me going over my quotta in the useage bar, no mention of 'pro rata usage' in the month of June.

Not to mention, I am being charged for the month of July and I don't even have access anymore!!

I would like a refund Exetel. :evil:

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:49 am

Terebro wrote:I would like a refund Exetel. :evil:
If you are being charged excess fees that are contrary to your Usage meter then I suggest you raise this with billing@exetel.com.au if you haven't already done so