Alternate payment methods?

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au
warennie

Alternate payment methods?

Post by warennie » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:22 pm

I'm a big fan of exetel and have an account at home. However i also live in a share house with 8 others and want us to get off this stupid optus rip off and onto exetel!
However as its a share house, we dont want to link a credit card or direct debit. Is there any other possible payment method we could use, we'd be happy to pay in the advance of each month as well?

I understand if there is not, i can see it being much more expensive in terms of higher default rates.

Worth asking!

Thanks exetel! :)

James
Exetel Staff

Re: Alternate payment methods?

Post by James » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:58 pm

warennie wrote:I'm a big fan of exetel and have an account at home. However i also live in a share house with 8 others and want us to get off this stupid optus rip off and onto exetel!
However as its a share house, we dont want to link a credit card or direct debit. Is there any other possible payment method we could use, we'd be happy to pay in the advance of each month as well?

I understand if there is not, i can see it being much more expensive in terms of higher default rates.

Worth asking!

Thanks exetel! :)
Hi there,

Part of the way we keep our monthly fees low is through only accepting direct debit or credit card, this way we do not have a large team of people collecting and chasing up payments.

James

warennie

Post by warennie » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:28 pm

Yeah that makes sense :)
I noticed all of the other value for money providers also only do direct debit.
I guess my house will have to work out some payment scheme!

Thanks exetel!

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:30 pm

I assume that you wish to avoid methods like this because they are attached to a single person out of the 8, who might not stay around, and you would rather have the flexibility of manually collecting money monthly from the people in the house? If so, I can't think of any alternative for you except for one person to be the primary, collect money (in advance if necessary) from everyone and then use their credit card or direct debit. You'll need to have a primary contact anyway for the account. Besides which, your phone account would currently be in one person's name