SMS Costs while Roaming - Have I been overcharged?

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au
DaXiuyi

SMS Costs while Roaming - Have I been overcharged?

Post by DaXiuyi » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:06 pm

I would normally raise a ticket for this, but the Helpdesk feature seems to have a bug where it won't let me type in my email address (just shows an empty drop-down box), so I can't send it. But that's another story.

I've been checking the Mobile Meter on the Exetel website following a recent trip I made to Japan. I was roaming while I was there and sent a couple of SMS messages.

From the Meter, every time I sent an SMS I've been charged the standard $0.25 for my plan (HSPA - M1 plan I think) and it shows the destination number fine, but it also shows on a separate line an entry for destination number 88800000000 for $0.80. Now I'm guessing this is the SMS-while-roaming charge. However on the website it says such a charge is $0.55 instead of $0.80.

I know that we're talking a difference of 25c here, but I am nonetheless worried that I have been overcharged. Could someone please clarify a) that I'm reading this correctly, and b) whether in fact the 80c is correct?

Many thanks in advance. Let me know if you need any more details.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: SMS Costs while Roaming - Have I been overcharged?

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:40 pm

DaXiuyi wrote:I would normally raise a ticket for this, but the Helpdesk feature seems to have a bug where it won't let me type in my email address (just shows an empty drop-down box), so I can't send it. But that's another story.
I'm not familiar at all about mobile matters, so if you get no response you can email residentialsupport@exetel.com.au directly in place of logging a helpdesk ticket. In this case, emailing billing@exetel.com.au is probably a better option