admin fee for payment using creit card or direct deposit.

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au
eandre

admin fee for payment using creit card or direct deposit.

Post by eandre » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:37 pm

I am interested if charges for paying Exetel will be reviewed especially for dropping or reducing the fee for direct payment not involving credit card.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: admin fee for payment using creit card or direct deposit.

Post by Dazzled » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:52 pm

What direct debit fee? See the sign on form, eg https://www.exetel.com.au/nf_adsl2_full ... e_form.php

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:04 am

Are you are on an old plan which includes the $3 admin fee? New plans don't include these fees anymore so you may want to investigate them (you can change to a new plan that is on the same infrastructure and speed without charge and without extension of contract. Post your plan name if you wish.

Otherwise, for specific billing enquiries you will want to email billing@exetel.com.au instead
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

ManUtdFans

Post by ManUtdFans » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:09 pm

Hi,

I just changed to NF/22INCTEL from, there was no Admin Charge ($3) BUT there are
Credit Card Charge : $1.10.

What if I change to Debit My Bank Account?

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:27 pm

ManUtdFans wrote:Hi,

I just changed to NF/22INCTEL from, there was no Admin Charge ($3) BUT there are
Credit Card Charge : $1.10.

What if I change to Debit My Bank Account?
No fee.

vicbitter

Post by vicbitter » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:36 am

I am now on D/22INCTEL, which is NF/22INCTEL but still under contract.

I was charged the $3 "Account Administration Charge" for the first time today. I will assume this was an error in one of their "IF" statements in the billing program not being updated but I shall email billing anyhow.

Get prepared for an inundation of emails Exetel ... ;)

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:28 pm

Yes,

from what I understand we were moved from the NF/22NoTel Plan to the D/22INCTEL Plan when the price was put up $5 per month on the NF/22NoTel plans.

As the plan we signed up for is the NF/22NoTel, and there is no mention of a $3 "Account Administration Charge" in the terms and conditions for that plan, I assume that applying the charge this month was an error as suggested in the previous post.
(We do not have access to look at the terms and conditions for theD/22INCTEL Plan)

Can Exetel Billing please confirm the status of this "Account Administration Charge".

Lawrie
(on behalf of my daughter)

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:38 pm

Lawrie wrote:Can Exetel Billing please confirm the status of this "Account Administration Charge".
You'll want to email billing@exetel.com.au to confirm this
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

xywolap

Post by xywolap » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:39 pm

I am another affected by this out of the blue $3 admin charge on my latest bill. By the looks of it all of us may have been charged this new fee???

Rather than everyone applying to billing individually could a general enquiry be made on behalf of all to reduce kaos all around??

Many thanks. :D

dylanm

Post by dylanm » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:45 pm

I too am a new customer, signed up on the 1st of Feb for my D/21NOTEL plan, there was mention of a $1.10 admin fee if paying by credit card and thats it, yet this month on my first bill I see a charge for $3 admin fee without any explanation, I signed up to a 12 month contract for an agreed fixed cost I dont expect surprises like these.

xywolap

Post by xywolap » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:57 pm

I just got an email from Exetel explaining the $3 charge was an error and will be credited back.
I would expect this may apply to all who were charged in error?? Check your emails.
They could have kept it as far as i'm concerned as they give great value and what can you buy with $3 these days anyway?
Nice to know it was just an error and not a new fee.
Everyone has a hic up occasionally and as usual they were quick to set it right.
Cheers all!! :D :D :D

MikeW

Post by MikeW » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:59 pm

Pity Exetel staff are saying to customers that this is a new fee for those paying by CC or DB

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-re ... 394371&p=3

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:29 pm

MikeW wrote:Pity Exetel staff are saying to customers that this is a new fee for those paying by CC or DB

Can't understand you. That thread does not have any posts by Exetel staff, nor does it make *any* mention of a "new $3 admin fee". The $3 charge was a billing introduction and only exist on old plans; new plans have this admin fee absorbed in the monthly fee

MikeW

Post by MikeW » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:06 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:
MikeW wrote:Pity Exetel staff are saying to customers that this is a new fee for those paying by CC or DB

Can't understand you. That thread does not have any posts by Exetel staff, nor does it make *any* mention of a "new $3 admin fee". The $3 charge was a billing introduction and only exist on old plans; new plans have this admin fee absorbed in the monthly fee
I didn't say it was a direct quote but if you read the post (6th poster down) says that the OP was told by Exetel the following:

With my account, exetel told me before,

"A surcharge, currently $3.00, is added to all monthly access charges when the user pays by either credit card or direct debit."
Last edited by CoreyPlover on Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Corrected a misleading typo that I made in my quoted paragraph

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:23 pm

Fair enough, though I suspect it is a case of misunderstanding. With Exetel, you can *only* pay by credit card or direct debit. Therefore that person's statement is actually equivalent to "a current surcharge of $3 is added to all accounts". This statement was true a while ago but now only applies to those people on old plans. The NF plans (and their current Z plan replacements) have no such administration charge.