where to find my payment history

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au
foziebear69

where to find my payment history

Post by foziebear69 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:55 pm

Hi can any one please tell me where to find my payment history
Ive managed to find the billing section but no history of payments ive made

I was getting charged to my credit card, but my bill also gave me a bsb and account number for bpays
so for the last few fortnights ive been paying extra into this account.

Any help would be appreciated by the way I sent the same query to billing about 2 weeks ago thru the billings question box, and as yet have had no reply

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: where to find my payment history

Post by Dazzled » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:59 pm

foziebear69

Post by foziebear69 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:15 pm

Dazzled
that shows my bills for the past 6 months or so, but i cant find a payment history on the site at all

Klaas

Post by Klaas » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:11 pm

I would be be chasing billing with an email - as far as I'm aware, there is no user facility to a "history" of payments, only that your invoices show the amount automatically paid by Credit Card or Direct Debit.

I'm a little surprised the your bills display a BSB and Bank Account number for making payments to. I pay by Direct Debit, and none of my invoices (going back to May 2005) show a BSB and Account number - maybe if you are paying by Credit Card the invoices display different information.

However, in the FAQs, it makes no mention of BPays via a BSB and Bank account number.
What Payment Methods Are Available?
You may pay via credit cards (Mastercard or Visa) or by direct debit from any bank account.
If you pay by Credit Card there is an additional charge, currently $1.10, on each monthly access invoice.
Are you sure that these are Exetel invoices you are talking about?

foziebear69

Post by foziebear69 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:44 pm

Yes im sure its an exetel account

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please find attached the current tax invoice for your account.

If you currently pay your account by either Direct Debit or Credit Card, the payable balance should be zero.

If you currently pay your account by EFT (electronic fund transfer), please use the following bank details to transfer the payable balance.

Bank: Westpac

BSB No: 032097

Account Number: 182459

Account Name: Exetel Pty Ltd

When you arrange an EFT, please use the tax invoice number as a reference number.

Any help would be appreciated by the way I sent the same query to billing about 2 weeks ago thru the billings question box, and as yet have had no reply

Klaas

Post by Klaas » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:11 pm

foziebear69 wrote:I sent the same query to billing about 2 weeks ago thru the billings question box, and as yet have had no reply
I don't know what you mean by "billings question box", send an email directly to billing@exetel.com.au

I've only just signed up to receive invoices by email, and as I save the invoice pdf and delete the email, I can't check, but I don't recall seeing EFT details on the cover email.

I could be wrong, hopefully someone from Exetel can confirm.

foziebear69

Post by foziebear69 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:19 am

Klaas wrote:I don't know what you mean by "billings question box", send an email directly to billing@exetel.com.au

https://www.exetel.com.au/members/billing_question.php

Its in the top right corner of your Members Facilities page next to the suggestion box
also on the front screen of your billing history page,

foziebear69

Post by foziebear69 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:55 am

Still no reply from Exetel or any staff member ?????????? WHY

Klaas

Post by Klaas » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:40 pm

Did you send them an email, directly to billing@exetel.com.au ?

foziebear69

Post by foziebear69 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:10 pm

I would have thought sending an email to this link which is the billing department would work
www.exetel.com.au/members/billing_question.php

but since its not been answered i will send it to the other email address

It really amazes me that there is no where on the site that tells me the date my bill was paid so i can correspond it with my credit card statement and the extra payments that ive made
and also the fact that of all the Exetel staff that come into the forum have run from this question.

Also why cant we pay our accounts by bpay Exetel has a bpay number, it would not cost the company anything at all to set up,
it is a real shame I pay my rent, gas, electricity and mobile phone by bpay every fortnight, but have to pay my internet monthly on a certain date, I would happily pay an extra few cents or a $1 on my bill for this facility, and my account would always be in credit.

Klaas

Post by Klaas » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:19 pm

I've always thought that residential customers could only pay by direct debit from a bank account, or credit card, and this is noted on each invoice, ie, the date the account or credit card is charged, and thus the remaining balance is always $0, indicating you've paid the bill in full.

I had no idea that you could make "extra" payments, in fact, I'm sure this was asked for in other threads, and the response has always been "no". This is why I queried the BSB information being on the notification email you received.

As to why no-one from Exetel has responded, I don't know.

foziebear69

Post by foziebear69 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:47 pm

Klaas wrote: As to why no-one from Exetel has responded, I don't know.
The answer to that question Klaas is because there is no answer, because what i think has happened is that ive done something so out of the box, that the staff that normally answer questions in the forum within a few minutes (depending on how busy they are) know that there is no page that gives you a payment history and nothing that will show you whether your account is in positive or negative territory.

I would be very interested to see what the ACCC would say about not being able to view your payment history,
every other account i have with every other company allows me to see my history of payments all except Exetel.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:06 pm

Hi Glenn,

All from your account.

It says you paid your account via credit card on the date of the invoice.

What else do you want?

James

Notes:

Freight: $0.00
Total (ex-GST): $XX.45
GST: $X.XX
Total (inc-GST): $XX.XX
Paid to Date: $XX.XX
Balance Due: $0.00
Payment Details
Your payment will be automatically debited from your nominated account on or around the due date.
We thank you for your continued support.

Invoice#: E000XXXXX Amount Due: $0.00

foziebear69

Post by foziebear69 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:18 pm

I have also made extra payments by Bpay, these dont show on my account and i am wondering where to find this information,
If you had read the WHOLE thread you would have realised this, before responding.

what i am after is a screen that shows all payments debits and credits, so i can see whether im in front of behind in my payments

sable

Post by sable » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:34 pm

My understanding is that;

1 For residential cstomers Exetel only offer two methods of payment, direct debit or credit card. This is to minmise bad debts and minimise accounting costs as by eother of these methods you are either paid or not paid and if not paid you have no service. This is one of the reasons why Exetel are able to provide such good value.

2 Consequently Exetel have no need for and do not have accoutinbg systems to track irregular payments on a residential customer's account and they do not offer the ability for residential customers to do this. As Dazzled has pointed out there are many threads in this forum where this has been requested and always declined by Exetel.

3 You have made payments that are outside the terms of service and should not be making them. Again as per Dazzled the balance of one's account is always $0.00 or you do not have service due to failed payment status.

4. It is not up to Exetel to keep track of ad hoc payments you have made when it is very clear that these type of payments are not allowed.

5. I would suggest that you discontinue the practise straight away, check your bank/credit card satements and email billing@exetel.com.au with what you believe to be the reconciliation of your account and see what they have to say.

6. You are not going to get antwhere complaining to ACCC et al, it is you who has broken the rules.