Plan Transfer

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au
Bumblegrum

Plan Transfer

Post by Bumblegrum » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:29 pm

I would really like to change my current ADSL1 plan to another ADSL1 plan (can't get ADSL2 buggar-it) - more $ for Exetel every month - but to do so the current pricing says that I must pay a $90 setup fee. Given that my telephone line is already in place, Exetel is my current provider and I am only increasing my peak download allowance, why should I have to pay this account setup fee? Why should I be required to pay the same fee as a new subscriber who has to have his/her telephone line activated by Telstra when this has already been done. I can imagine that it would take no more than maybe 20 seconds to change my billing details so why should I have to pay $4.50 PER SECOND for this to happen?

I think I could be being ripped-off here if I was to go ahead with this account upgrade.

Surely some consideration could be given to loyal customers and waive this charge?

Cheers
Brian

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Plan Transfer

Post by jokiin » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:45 pm

Bumblegrum wrote:I would really like to change my current ADSL1 plan to another ADSL1 plan (can't get ADSL2 buggar-it) - more $ for Exetel every month - but to do so the current pricing says that I must pay a $90 setup fee. Given that my telephone line is already in place, Exetel is my current provider and I am only increasing my peak download allowance, why should I have to pay this account setup fee? Why should I be required to pay the same fee as a new subscriber who has to have his/her telephone line activated by Telstra when this has already been done. I can imagine that it would take no more than maybe 20 seconds to change my billing details so why should I have to pay $4.50 PER SECOND for this to happen?

I think I could be being ripped-off here if I was to go ahead with this account upgrade.

Surely some consideration could be given to loyal customers and waive this charge?

Cheers
Brian
there was a $90 plan change fee in place for about a week at the beginning of the month to slow down any plan changes while some other stuff was happening, it was removed a few weeks ago now and went back to zero, I'm guessing though that whatever plan you're on may have been missed when they reverted, easiest way is contact support and get them to sort it out, they are still open for a while yet so you have time to get this sorted http://www.exetel.com.au/contact.php

lloong

Post by lloong » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:53 pm

Hi, Got an email from Exetel today.
"You have been using an Exetel ADSL1 service for some time now and although your initial service contract period has expired you have elected to stay with Exetel as your broadband provider for which we thank you.

As an appreciation of our thanks we would like to make the following offer to you:

1. Upgrade your current ADSL1 service to an ADSL2 service of your choice at zero activation cost.

2. No new contract period - you can cancel the service with Exetel at any time

3. A $50.00 credit on your first ADSL2 bill

4. Your phone number doesn't change - but your call costs will almost certainly be much lower

ADSL2 is significantly faster than ADSL1 and because it isn't dependent on buying services from Telstra you usually get much more for your money. To see what plans are available to you please go to the Exetel User Facilities and select:

https://www.exetel.com.au/members/chang ... e_plan.php

If you decide to take up this offer simply order the ADSL2 plan of your choice from the order form you will find in the change plan function - change over will take an average of 10 working days.

This offer is valid for applications received up to 12 midnight on March 31st.

Kind Regards

Exetel Provisioning"

My question is.....Is this for real?? I have applied around 5 times for ADSL2 and was rejected all the times. Is this email for real this time?
Thanks.
Anyone received the same email?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:21 am

The offer is real.

However if you are on a RIM you will not be able to get ADSL2.