Plan Change Fee

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au
jaseparlo
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:53 am
Location: Melbourne

Plan Change Fee

Post by jaseparlo » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:07 pm

Hi

I'm on NAK2A, and based on the fee increase announced today I'd like to switch to NF/21NOTEL. Before I do, I'd just like to confirm: Is there an additional fee to switch between those two plans? It's switching to a lower download on the same speed and I can't find whether that will incur a charge

TIA
Jase

James
Exetel Staff
Posts: 1989
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 10:27 pm

Re: Plan Change Fee

Post by James » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:49 pm

Hi,

There would be no fee to change between the plans, as they are both on Optus Wholesale DSLAMS, and essentially the same product.

James

uniacidz
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:06 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Plan Change Fee

Post by uniacidz » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:38 am

I am on the INC2DSLC plan ($60 adsl2+ and $15 phone)

What is the breakdown charges for the adsl and phone line rental for the new NF/22INCTEL plan?

So would i be better off going for this?

James
Exetel Staff
Posts: 1989
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 10:27 pm

Re: Plan Change Fee

Post by James » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:44 am

Hi,

Does it matter what the breakdown in charges are? We simply do a breakdown for comparison purposes; http://www.exetel.com.au/a_plan_pricing_adsl2_nf.php

James

RichS
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:42 am
Location: Sydney, Northern Beaches

Re: Plan Change Fee

Post by RichS » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:12 am

James wrote:Hi,

There would be no fee to change between the plans, as they are both on Optus Wholesale DSLAMS, and essentially the same product.

James
I'm on INC2DSLC ( which is on Optus I believe ). According to my user facilities a change to NF/22NOTEL is $100.00 . Is this correct ?

User avatar
CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 5922
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:24 pm
Location: Melbourne, VIC

Re: Plan Change Fee

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:17 pm

RichS wrote:I'm on INC2DSLC ( which is on Optus I believe ). According to my user facilities a change to NF/22NOTEL is $100.00 . Is this correct ?
This might be because you are still within contract? $100 is the early termination fee.

Once you are outside of contract, you can move from a bundled service (INCPHONE, IND2DSL, IncTel) to a Naked service (NF/NoTel) without charge or extension of contract because it, too, is on Optus infrastructure. All that happens is that your phone line component and dial tone is disconnected leaving you with a Naked ADSL2+ service only.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

RichS
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:42 am
Location: Sydney, Northern Beaches

Re: Plan Change Fee

Post by RichS » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:43 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:
RichS wrote:I'm on INC2DSLC ( which is on Optus I believe ). According to my user facilities a change to NF/22NOTEL is $100.00 . Is this correct ?
This might be because you are still within contract? $100 is the early termination fee.

Once you are outside of contract, you can move from a bundled service (INCPHONE, IND2DSL, IncTel) to a Naked service (NF/NoTel) without charge or extension of contract because it, too, is on Optus infrastructure. All that happens is that your phone line component and dial tone is disconnected leaving you with a Naked ADSL2+ service only.

Can someone confirm this ? My details from https://www.exetel.com.au/members/account_view_plan.php

Plan Type: INC2DSLC
Monthly Access Charge: $75.00
Peak Download Limit (Mbyte): 30000
Peak Period Option: N/A
Excess Downloads per Gbyte: $3.00
OffPeak Download Limit (Mbyte): 60000
OffPeak Excess Downloads per Gbyte: $3.00
Service Line Speed: 18000/900
Service Activation Date: 2007-01-10
Contract Period: 12 Months
Initial Contract End Date: 2008-01-10

User avatar
CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 5922
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:24 pm
Location: Melbourne, VIC

Re: Plan Change Fee

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:56 pm

Hmm. Can't see why you are getting a $100 fee (and I should have realised that INC2DSL plans are all out of contract by now). Perhaps send an email to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au to enquire if you get no response here.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

jaseparlo
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:53 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: Plan Change Fee

Post by jaseparlo » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:11 pm

James - thanks for the reply :)

leithant
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:21 pm

Re: Plan Change Fee

Post by leithant » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:28 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:
RichS wrote:I'm on INC2DSLC ( which is on Optus I believe ). According to my user facilities a change to NF/22NOTEL is $100.00 . Is this correct ?
This might be because you are still within contract? $100 is the early termination fee.

Once you are outside of contract, you can move from a bundled service (INCPHONE, IND2DSL, IncTel) to a Naked service (NF/NoTel) without charge or extension of contract because it, too, is on Optus infrastructure. All that happens is that your phone line component and dial tone is disconnected leaving you with a Naked ADSL2+ service only.
For goodness sake! Why doesn't it say this on the change plan page? Why should we have to go to the forums to discover such a simply explained piece of information, that if not known could lead people to look for another provider?

User avatar
CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 5922
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:24 pm
Location: Melbourne, VIC

Re: Plan Change Fee

Post by CoreyPlover » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:52 pm

leithant wrote:For goodness sake! Why doesn't it say this on the change plan page? Why should we have to go to the forums to discover such a simply explained piece of information, that if not known could lead people to look for another provider?
Why doesn't it say what exactly? That a $100 termination fee may or may not apply?

Termination fees:
* are explained in your terms and conditions when you signed up
* remain applicable unless specifically waived or unless you are out of contract

If you change *within* contract to an eligible plan (one within the same family), there is no termination fee as your infrastructure doesn't change (the change is purely a billing one). If you change *outside* of contract (which was what I mentioned) there is no termination fee because you are out of contract.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

James
Exetel Staff
Posts: 1989
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 10:27 pm

Re: Plan Change Fee

Post by James » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:04 pm

The onyl fee to change plans on the same infrastructure is $10.00, not $100.00

leithant
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:21 pm

Re: Plan Change Fee

Post by leithant » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:10 pm

Nowhere on that page does it mention "termination fees", nor that they may or may not apply. All that is mentioned is a $100 "Cost of Plan Change".
I am sorry, I may not be that bright, but to me the plain reading of that table, is that it would be unavoidable to incur a $100 fee for changing to Naked ADSL2 from another plan/service.
I am not doubting what you say is the actual situation, but unfortunately in rather typical Exetel fashion that is not made very clear. (And yes, I have been a customer for nearly 5 years now.)
Last edited by leithant on Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RichS
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:42 am
Location: Sydney, Northern Beaches

Re: Plan Change Fee

Post by RichS » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:13 pm

James wrote:The onyl fee to change plans on the same infrastructure is $10.00, not $100.00
So there is something wrong with my account :

Current Plan Type: INC2DSLC

Change to Z/21NOTEL $100.00


???

JasonM

Re: Plan Change Fee

Post by JasonM » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:08 pm

No, changing from INC2DSL to Naked DSL means a change in service type, and so the contract for the phone is cancelled.

Post Reply