Why am I being charged for "included" local VOIP calls?

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au
Golden Path

Why am I being charged for "included" local VOIP calls?

Post by Golden Path » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:38 am

I have the NF/23NOTEL plan, which I understood to include 100 free local VOIP calls. We would not make this many calls in a month anyway.

My latest invoice showed that I have been charged for 38 local VOIP calls, which is all we made for the month.

So it appears I'm being billed for something that should be included in my monthly spend anyway. Now, $3.80 is no big deal but it's the principal of it.

So, what do I do about this?

Cheers.

(PS: very happy with Exetel and VOIP otherwise! ) :D

sable

Re: Why am I being charged for "included" local VOIP calls?

Post by sable » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:21 am

You would have received this email from Exetel, if not check that the email address you registered with Exetel is current/correct. Or chheck your junk mail.
This notice is being given to you under the terms and conditions of the supply of ADSL services to you. Exetel will no longer provide three services at no charge that are included in older ADSL1 and ADSL2 plans.

From March 1st 2010 no Exetel ADSL1 or ADSL2 broadband service will include no charge SMS or FAX services or VOIP calls.

Should you wish to continue to use these services from Exetel you are more than welcome to do so but you will need to pay for them from Midnight on March 1st 2010 at the following rates:

Should you consider these changes to be of a 'material nature' in your use of your Exetel supplied ADSL1 or ADSL2 broadband service then you can move to another ADSL service provider with no early termination of your current contract with Exetel. Any use of these three ancillary services will be charged at the stated rates from midnight March 1st 2010.

We regret that we have to withdraw these services on a 'free' basis but it is no longer economical for us to carry the cost of providing these services.
In place of the freebees Exetel have introduced 4 Value added packs which you can apply from within your members facility.

Golden Path

Re: Why am I being charged for "included" local VOIP calls?

Post by Golden Path » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:52 pm

Thanks Sable, but I've kept all the emails I have gotten from Exetel since i signed up only a couple of months back and it's not there.