SIM hasn't arrived yet

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au
Post Reply
CapnKernel
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:43 am
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

SIM hasn't arrived yet

Post by CapnKernel » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:24 am

Hello,

I changed ADSL plans on the 10th of June so I could get the no-monthly-fee HSPA service. Last Friday I was told by an Exetel staff member that the SIM had been posted to me. It's now Wednesday, and I haven't received the SIM yet. Can someone look into this please?

As an aside, I'd like to have a moan about Exetel's provisioning support, who I had to ring three times this morning. The first time, after I explained the situation to the staff member, the line went dead. The second time, I explained the situation, then I was asked to hold, then I got the phone ringing sound, then I got put through to voicemail mailbox 2052. The third time I waited nearly two minutes for someone to answer my call, despite the contact web page saying there was currently no wait for provisioning support. The third contact just told me to wait a few more days, which I'm sure is very easy to say. I'm a bit disappointed about the handling of all three calls.

Last week I was told it had already been posted. I really need that SIM!

M.

DavinR
Exetel Staff
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:06 pm
Location: Colombo

Re: SIM hasn't arrived yet

Post by DavinR » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:28 pm

Hello CapnKernel

Please PM me your service number in order to check the status of the SIM card and provide you with an update.

CapnKernel
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:43 am
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

Re: SIM hasn't arrived yet

Post by CapnKernel » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:53 pm

DavinR wrote:Hello CapnKernel

Please PM me your service number in order to check the status of the SIM card and provide you with an update.
I PMed, and now I have received an SMS to my mobile, and an email with instructions on getting started. Thank you.

Does this mean that my HSPA request wasn't looked at until today?

CapnKernel
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:43 am
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

Re: SIM hasn't arrived yet

Post by CapnKernel » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:26 pm

CapnKernel wrote:Does this mean that my HSPA request wasn't looked at until today?
No need to answer: The Exetel status page says it wasn't shipped until today.

Thank you for not sending my SIM, and thank you for lying to me last week that it had been sent. <bad mood>

DavinR
Exetel Staff
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:06 pm
Location: Colombo

Re: SIM hasn't arrived yet

Post by DavinR » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:42 pm

Hi CapnKernel

I have followed up on your case and find that due to the large number of orders we received for wireless connections this month, there has been a slight delay in the dispatch.

The deliveries are to be made to all customers before the weekend therefore please bear with us till then as this was an unexpected delay.

Please accept our apologies if any of our staff had inadvertently given out incorrect information. There is a possibility they could have misunderstood the query as the provisioning of the service had been completed by 1/7/2010 however the actual dispatch had been delayed.

CapnKernel
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:43 am
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

Re: SIM hasn't arrived yet

Post by CapnKernel » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:12 pm

DavinR wrote:Please accept our apologies if any of our staff had inadvertently given out incorrect information
Thanks Davin, I appreciate that.

CapnKernel
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:43 am
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

Re: SIM hasn't arrived yet

Post by CapnKernel » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:06 am

Hello,

I haven't received my SIM yet (you sent it yesterday). But I notice in my member's facility, that it says I've used 23 out of 100 Mb. How can I use data without a SIM?

Can you check this please, and tell me why it's not 0? Is this how "pro-rata" in the first month is done?

Thank you,

M.

thejeg

Re: SIM hasn't arrived yet

Post by thejeg » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:24 am

Hello CapnKernel,
CapnKernel wrote:Hello,

I haven't received my SIM yet (you sent it yesterday). But I notice in my member's facility, that it says I've used 23 out of 100 Mb. How can I use data without a SIM?

Can you check this please, and tell me why it's not 0? Is this how "pro-rata" in the first month is done?

Thank you,

M.
Please PM me your service number enabling me to investigate your issue further.

Regards,
Theje :)

thejeg

Re: SIM hasn't arrived yet

Post by thejeg » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:33 am

Hi Again,
thejeg wrote:Hello CapnKernel,
CapnKernel wrote:Hello,

I haven't received my SIM yet (you sent it yesterday). But I notice in my member's facility, that it says I've used 23 out of 100 Mb. How can I use data without a SIM?

Can you check this please, and tell me why it's not 0? Is this how "pro-rata" in the first month is done?

Thank you,

M.
Please PM me your service number enabling me to investigate your issue further.

Regards,
Theje :)
You should have received your SIM card by now as I can see the system indicates your service in ACTIVE state.

You are correct about Pro Rata BIlling.

When you posted this query on the 7th it was Seven days passed, so 7/31 = 22.5806%. and your limit is 100Mb per month.
By rounding up, 22.5806% to a whole number it is 23%

Which is 23% of 100Mb = 23Mb

If you have any further queries, please PM me

Regards,
Theje :wink:

Post Reply