Change to New offpeak period

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au
leithant

Change to New offpeak period

Post by leithant » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:28 am

Hi, I just changed my plan, and 2 days later new plans come out! Had a hunch that would happen, but do I have to pay than plan change fee to go onto one of these as I like the new offpeak period and the extra downlaods are nice of course! Leith

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Change to New offpeak period

Post by CoreyPlover » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:03 pm

Best to email billing@exetel.com.au to get an official answer, but I can't see why someone in your circumstances would be given special consideration. Otherwise, there are repercussions for someone else who applied 3 days early. And then after that someone who is 4 days early will ask for special leave, etc. Where is the limit?

However, if you applied for a plan change and it hasn't been effected yet (difficult to see how this would be the case here, being so early into the new month) there might be the capacity to cancel the old plan change and re-apply for a new one, thus avoiding the charge. But this is all speculation and these questions should be directed towards billing@exetel.com.au
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

leithant

Re: Change to New offpeak period

Post by leithant » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:52 pm

Thanks for the reply Corey. It's a fair enough point, but given that Exetel announce their new plans at the beginning of the month, I think it would be reasonable that if you made your change of plan application in the last week of the previous month, you should have the option to take one of the newly anounced plans instead.

It would seem to me that the start of the month is not a good time to release new plans, if applications also only come into effect at the same time. If you like a new plan you have to wait a whole month to be transferred to it! If the announcements were made near the end of the month, when people are looking to upgrade (or possibly downgrade) it would show a lot more goodwill.

Of course Exetel has the right to do whatever they wish as is their right, but I've always thought of them as not being your typical ISP.

Leith