Changing to OTL plans?

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au
gong_guy

Changing to OTL plans?

Post by gong_guy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:04 pm

We still cannot change to OTL plans and there is only one day left in the month.

Is there any chance the plans will be available tomorrow in the User Facilities?

Thanks

bodogbodog

Re: Changing to OTL plans?

Post by bodogbodog » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:17 am

Just give Exetel sales a ring and you can request it over the phone in about 2 minutes - theres been a lot of reports of people doing this on Whirlpool and I did it myself last Friday.
They're actually telemarketing some customers at the moment.

dbr

Post by dbr » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:34 am

+1

Took well less than 2 minutes. And by the time I'd hung up and refreshed the user facilities it was indicated on the Change Plan Status tab.
http://www.saferoz.com.au
First Aid * Fire * Safety

folferrok

Post by folferrok » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:29 am

It doesn't work anymore :(
Just gave them a call. I was advised I can only switch to the plans that are listed in my members area. Switching to OTL plans via calling sales is not available anymore :(

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:45 am

folferrok wrote:It doesn't work anymore :(
Just gave them a call. I was advised I can only switch to the plans that are listed in my members area. Switching to OTL plans via calling sales is not available anymore :(
Call again, or email residentialsales@exetel.com.au instead
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

gong_guy

Post by gong_guy » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:23 am

CoreyPlover wrote: Call again, or email residentialsales@exetel.com.au instead
Do you have confirnation of that as a number of people are reporting that it is no longer possible?

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:24 pm

No confirmation, no.

I thought that perhaps it might have been lax call staff rejecting the request because there should be no technical impediment to effecting this switchover.

I would suggest emailing over calling though because being the end of the month there might be a large log of calls / plan change requests. Also, being the last day of the month, perhaps it is too late to request a plan change for 1 December, in which case you have all of next month to call / email / await an update to the member facility ready for a switchover to OTL plans for the new year.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

Pyotr

Post by Pyotr » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:00 pm

(1) So if we change from an out of contract AAPT BYO Plan (with voice on Telstra homeline) to an inclusive phone+ADSL2 plan on Optus infrastructure, that is, if we change from AAA to OTL (or OTFree), are we essentially being treated like a new customer and paying the $60 connection fee (for OTL) or $0 connection for OT Free? and do not have to pay $20 or $40 change fee?

(2) How does this change of infrastructure work with the usual Exetel end of month change-of-plan timing, especially with 31 December/1 January coming up? Do we set it up now to happen on 1 January? Do we lose service for any period? or double up on payments for a period?

(3) Given that before and after we have the same physical copper pair from the house to the exchange being used, and no change to house wiring, is it reasonable to assume that our current (quite modest) 3.5 Mbps line speed wil neither get better nor worse by changing over to Optus?

Ravenous

Post by Ravenous » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:22 pm

Pyotr wrote:(1) So if we change from an out of contract AAPT BYO Plan (with voice on Telstra homeline) to an inclusive phone+ADSL2 plan on Optus infrastructure, that is, if we change from AAA to OTL (or OTFree), are we essentially being treated like a new customer and paying the $60 connection fee (for OTL) or $0 connection for OT Free? and do not have to pay $20 or $40 change fee?
See http://exewiki.exetel.com.au/index.php? ... Downgrades . Essentially you are correct. The AAPT BYO Service needs to be cancelled and a new application made for either a OTL or OT Free service. With all risks of port availability, etc.
Pyotr wrote:(2) How does this change of infrastructure work with the usual Exetel end of month change-of-plan timing, especially with 31 December/1 January coming up? Do we set it up now to happen on 1 January? Do we lose service for any period? or double up on payments for a period?
Same as any new connection, with the usual lead/down times and such plus connection and pro-rata charges for the remainder of the month. My understanding is that you will not be refunded the unused portion of the month for the AAPT BYO service. I could be wrong.
Pyotr wrote:(3) Given that before and after we have the same physical copper pair from the house to the exchange being used, and no change to house wiring, is it reasonable to assume that our current (quite modest) 3.5 Mbps line speed wil neither get better nor worse by changing over to Optus?
Different infrastructure, different set of variables, I would not reasonably assume anything without discussion with the sales staff.