Plan change charges

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au
CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Plan change charges

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:51 pm

I reiterate one point: "out of contract" means "able to be varied". If you entered a new contract in December, you would not be affected by any of this as your contract would have insulated you from any pricing changes.

But, I would also like to draw attention to another point that you may or may not be aware of: In viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37427&p=286142#p286142 and viewtopic.php?p=286115#p286115, ForumAdmin stated that people who changed plans since October, and who were charged a plan change fee to do so, will receive a rebate for the plan change charge via some mechanism. This might go some way to alleviating the anger that you may be feeling.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

Lynh

Post by Lynh » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:18 pm

Im confussed. I changed my plan in July 2010. I dont know if I am still in contract or not. I have tried emailing billing@exetel.com.au. I received what I guess was an automated reply saying they had received my email but that was 2 days ago and I still don't have an answer to my question. Today I tried to phone Exetel to ask if I had to change my plan. I redialed 4 times as each time I progressed to 2nd in the queue the call dropped out. I have spent all afternoon reading the forum and looking at the Exetel site. I am learning (slowly) but still I am not sure if I need to do anything. Where should I go from here??

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:45 pm

Lynh, I suspect that billing have a backlog of tickets to get through. Perhaps wait another 1-2 days but if you still have no response post the ticket number that appears on the automated email reply and I'll see if I can chase it up.

Alternatively, you can check your member facilities, as "contract end date" shows in the plan details. But sometimes this value is incorrect when you have previously changed plans. Do you remember what plan you changed from and to? Because if it was just a migration to NF plans where the underlying infrastructure didn't change, then your contract would not have been extended.

Also, if you receive an email, not the newsletter, specifically sent to your service number talking about these plan changes and address to you by name, then this also implies you are out of contract since these emails are only sent to affected plans. It begins "Following the news letter advice that was sent to you on 1st January 2011 this is a follow up advice of the fact that your current, out of contract, ADSL plan will increase in price from 1st February 2011 by $10.00 if you take no action". If you have not yet received one of these emails, it would imply that you are in contract and not affected.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

geordie

Post by geordie » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:56 pm

just adding my 2 bobs worth
I have been a good exetel customer for years and have referred several people who are new customers, now they are looking at me and saying what is with these forced changes. Why does everyone refer to these forced plan changes as new "OFFERS" They are not offers when the only option they give are inferior to what you already have.
OK I will change but why should I have to go on a plan or pay $40 to stay off the plan

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:33 pm

geordie wrote:OK I will change but why should I have to go on a plan or pay $40 to stay off the plan
There is ForumAdmin post that answers this question very well. I shall try to find it for you

Edit: Here it is: viewtopic.php?p=286482#p286482

rm1946

Post by rm1946 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:04 pm

Hi , I am about to come off contract and happy to accept the $10 plan increase to stay of contract.
My question is , is the $3 admin fee staying. If it isI will go back on contract. BIlling has not responded to my emails.
Thanks

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:23 pm

If you stay on your current plan, nothing changes except you pay $10 more than you currently are. So you will still be subject to the $3 charge.