Why cant i cancel now?

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au
bennyvo

Why cant i cancel now?

Post by bennyvo » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:52 am

Hello

I have request to cancel my adsl service at the end of this month but now i need to cancel immediately so i made another request to cancel asap. But i get the reply from the support team saying my request to cancel is made for 30 jan 2011, i already made another request to cancel immediately so i can join with other isp. Why is this so complex for such a simple matter? I already paid for the service, what you have to loose for me to cancel it now?

I would like to hear your reason.

Thankyou

Ravenous

Re: Why cant i cancel now?

Post by Ravenous » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:55 am

Can you withdraw the request in Members Facilites by navigating to Manage Services -> ADSL -> Cancel Plan Tab?

If not, try emailing provisioning@exetel.com.au with a request manually withdraw the Cancel Plan request.

Or you could call them http://www.exetel.com.au/contact.php

The aim is to withdraw the original request then resubmit a new one after.

bennyvo

Post by bennyvo » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:15 pm

Hi

There is no option to withdrawn in the user facilities.
I have enail them to withdrawn my cancel request.
Now i gotta wait for their reply.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:47 pm

bennyvo wrote:Hello

I have request to cancel my adsl service at the end of this month but now i need to cancel immediately so i made another request to cancel asap. But i get the reply from the support team saying my request to cancel is made for 30 jan 2011, i already made another request to cancel immediately so i can join with other isp. Why is this so complex for such a simple matter? I already paid for the service, what you have to loose for me to cancel it now?

I would like to hear your reason.

Thankyou
are you changing service types that use different infrastructure, eg; changing from ADSL1 with Exetel and changing to a naked service with another provider that requires line codes removed etc?

if that's not the case sometimes canceling your service is the wrong way to go to get your new connection up and running

bennyvo

Post by bennyvo » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:09 pm

Hi

Yes ur right, im moving to TPG Adsl2 and required my current adsl to be cancel and also to have the code remove from my line.
First i submit the application to cancel on 30 jan 2011, then i found out about the codes, so i immediately made another request to cancel asap and sent a number of tickets about this matter but the support team seem to igmore my new request and keep telling me that my cancel date is 30 jan 2011 or telling to made the request in the user facilities which i did. :x

Because im with telstra homephone i cant churn to tpg and must cancel.

When exetel email their customer to inform about plan change and price increase they said members are free to cancel or churn away, but when i made a request to cancel, it was so difficult for them, its not like i havent pay for this month....jesus.

tulett

Post by tulett » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:08 am

bennyvo wrote:When exetel email their customer to inform about plan change and price increase they said members are free to cancel or churn away, but when i made a request to cancel, it was so difficult for them, its not like i havent pay for this month....jesus.
This must be really frustrating for you, but it only became difficult when you changed you mind. I am also waiting for a world where IT systems let me do what ever I like to them, and give me the response I want.

Of couse, it would be a lot easier if Exetel had control over things like ADSL line codes, rather than Tel$tra.