Change of plans confusion.. HELP!

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au
tsu

Change of plans confusion.. HELP!

Post by tsu » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:25 pm

I'm on a ancient adsl1 plan but when I go to change plans in members facility it gives the option of including telephone line services which i don't want so i click no, but on the final submit screen it has has those same telephone line plan charges listed with prices like they are included in the change of plan, it's just listed beneath the plan.

Its the T1.5-200 adsl1 plan through telstra I'm talking about changing to btw, do i need to take up line rental as well? is that part of the deal? or is it a error?

In the email confirming the change nothing is mentioned about telephone charges....I canceled my plan change because of this, and re-ordered it twice but the same thing happened, so i have canceled it again until i know for sure i don't have to take up phone service.

Can someone shed some light on this?

NetworkAdmin

Re: Change of plans confusion.. HELP!

Post by NetworkAdmin » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:54 pm

I have asked someone competent to find out and reply.

tsu

Post by tsu » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:17 pm

thanks that would be helpful

Thushari
Exetel Staff

Post by Thushari » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:34 pm

Hi,

We have replied to your email query with ticket reference 4183670. Please reply to the same email if you have further queries for us to assist you.

However the answer for your query is,

"If you pick 'no' do not worry, it will not be added. The last page still shows the charges for reference only.Please go ahead and apply for the plan change."

tsu

Post by tsu » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:13 pm

thanks all questions answered

Yabbie

Post by Yabbie » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:40 pm

tsu wrote:I'm on a ancient adsl1 plan but when I go to change plans in members facility it gives the option of including telephone line services which i don't want so i click no, but on the final submit screen it has has those same telephone line plan charges listed with prices like they are included in the change of plan, it's just listed beneath the plan.

In the email confirming the change nothing is mentioned about telephone charges....I cancelled my plan change because of this, and re-ordered it twice but the same thing happened, so i have cancelled it again until i know for sure i don't have to take up phone service.

Exact same problem here. I'm trying to switch from an old plan (T1.5-30) to a new plan (T1.5-100). I've left my application active, because logically, I must be able to order this service WITHOUT the phone stuff because it gives me this option. Can someone from Exetel please confirm for me that only my ADSL plan is going to change and that my phone will be left untouched?

Many thanks,
Brad

EromalR
Exetel Staff

Post by EromalR » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:56 pm

Yabbie wrote:
tsu wrote:I'm on a ancient adsl1 plan but when I go to change plans in members facility it gives the option of including telephone line services which i don't want so i click no, but on the final submit screen it has has those same telephone line plan charges listed with prices like they are included in the change of plan, it's just listed beneath the plan.

In the email confirming the change nothing is mentioned about telephone charges....I cancelled my plan change because of this, and re-ordered it twice but the same thing happened, so i have cancelled it again until i know for sure i don't have to take up phone service.

Exact same problem here. I'm trying to switch from an old plan (T1.5-30) to a new plan (T1.5-100). I've left my application active, because logically, I must be able to order this service WITHOUT the phone stuff because it gives me this option. Can someone from Exetel please confirm for me that only my ADSL plan is going to change and that my phone will be left untouched?

Many thanks,
Brad
Please make sure you pick the option to 'not to include the PSTN'. You will see the call charges on the confirmation page but it is only to show the charges disregarding whether you have picked PSTN or not (if this is confusing I will inform a manager to remove this if they confirm), if you are not sure, you may drop an email to provisioning@exetel.com.au in order to get a confirmation on the pending plan change.

Yabbie

Post by Yabbie » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:09 pm

EromalR wrote:Please make sure you pick the option to 'not to include the PSTN'. You will see the call charges on the confirmation page but it is only to show the charges disregarding whether you have picked PSTN or not (if this is confusing I will inform a manager to remove this if they confirm), if you are not sure, you may drop an email to provisioning@exetel.com.au in order to get a confirmation on the pending plan change.
Hello EromalR,

I did make sure I selected 'No' for the "include the PSTN" option. I think it *is* confusing having it there in the confirmation page, but thanks for clearing it up for me.