New NBN fibre trial - credit card?

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au
johnhennessy

New NBN fibre trial - credit card?

Post by johnhennessy » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:24 pm

After several days of unsuccessful attempts to sort this out with the billing department and help desk I am now forced to ask for help here. I am on a FREE TRIAL NBN fibre plan until the end of September when I have been told that I will need to decide which plan to keep (new fibre or my current ADSL). I am now being bombarded with DAILY e-mails from the billing dept asking me to "update credit card details" for this TRIAL service. I am told that the trial is FREE, I have never been asked to supply credit card details, but now I'm told that to avoid being disconnected that I need to update my payment details! Is it possible that someone in here may be able to clarify this situation?
John Hennessy
Member since September 2004

rukshani
Exetel Staff

Re: New NBN fibre trial - credit card?

Post by rukshani » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:09 pm

johnhennessy wrote:After several days of unsuccessful attempts to sort this out with the billing department and help desk I am now forced to ask for help here. I am on a FREE TRIAL NBN fibre plan until the end of September when I have been told that I will need to decide which plan to keep (new fibre or my current ADSL). I am now being bombarded with DAILY e-mails from the billing dept asking me to "update credit card details" for this TRIAL service. I am told that the trial is FREE, I have never been asked to supply credit card details, but now I'm told that to avoid being disconnected that I need to update my payment details! Is it possible that someone in here may be able to clarify this situation?
I have passed this on to the billing team leader, she is looking in to it and will soon advise you.

johnhennessy

Post by johnhennessy » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:48 pm

Many thanks. I only hope that you get better service than I did.
John Hennessy
Member since September 2004

rukshani
Exetel Staff

Post by rukshani » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:22 pm

Your query has been answered through ticket 4331698.