Data Usage on BB55 plan

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au
brianh

Data Usage on BB55 plan

Post by brianh » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:36 am

I have also submitted this as a query via the messag facility on the Member's Facilities web pages (Ticket #4438007).

My BB55 plan shows data usage charges as excess data usage.

This is a Blackberry plan - I have the APN set, as advised, to INTERNET. No data outside this APN was accessed at the dates & times shown. Any data used through that APN is INCLUDED, it is not excess and is not chargeable.

Please review this data and adjust the displayed charges accordingly.

Please also review your system for collecting and displaying this data, as the member's usage web page needs to show accurate billing information for the active plan.

Regards,
Brian

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Re: Data Usage on BB55 plan

Post by ShaminG » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:50 pm

I have also submitted this as a query via the messag facility on the Member's Facilities web pages (Ticket #4438007).

My BB55 plan shows data usage charges as excess data usage.

This is a Blackberry plan - I have the APN set, as advised, to INTERNET. No data outside this APN was accessed at the dates & times shown. Any data used through that APN is INCLUDED, it is not excess and is not chargeable.

Please review this data and adjust the displayed charges accordingly.

Please also review your system for collecting and displaying this data, as the member's usage web page needs to show accurate billing information for the active plan.
Correct APN for your plan is 'BLACKBERRY', make sure you change the APN to this ASAP. Once done please update me via the thread, so I can review the charges and reply you via the ticket #4438007.

brianh

Post by brianh » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:47 pm

ShaminG wrote:
............This is a Blackberry plan - I have the APN set, as advised, to INTERNET. ....................
Correct APN for your plan is 'BLACKBERRY', make sure you change the APN to this ASAP. Once done please update me via the thread, so I can review the charges and reply you via the ticket #4438007.
Thanks you for the clarification.

I have queried the APN a number of times in the past few days and this is the first time that the "Blackberry" APN has ever appeared - I will change ASAP and report once done.

Please update your setup information - and service knowledgebase ASAP - as Blackberries can easily rack up data in a very short time, and I won't be the first person caught out.

Is it at all possible to make the relevant APN visible in the "Account Details" in the Members Facility web pages??? This would prevent a lot of heartache.......and tickets......

I will also update my proposed procedures ASAP.....

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Post by ShaminG » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:54 pm

Is it at all possible to make the relevant APN visible in the "Account Details" in the Members Facility web pages?
We will see the possibilities of this implementation with our development team.

Initial setup emails will reviewed as already informed :).

brianh

Post by brianh » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:48 pm

Cheers.....

I thought I posted that I had updated the APN, but it isn't showing - could be medicinally induced amnesia... :oops:

For the record, I have updated the APN......