Years of Service Discount

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au
squeakytown
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 1:10 pm

Years of Service Discount

Post by squeakytown » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:51 pm

Hi,

I have been a member of Exetel sine July 2005. Is there a discount that should be applied after 6 years?

Thanks.

User avatar
CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 5922
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:24 pm
Location: Melbourne, VIC

Re: Years of Service Discount

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:40 pm

There is a "Pioneer discount" but it is for people who joined before 31 December 2004. It is given in recognition to the early adopters who took a "leap of faith" with a brand new, unknown ISP – allowing exetel to startup.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

bodogbodog
Posts: 279
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Years of Service Discount

Post by bodogbodog » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:26 pm

Exetel - are you able to share how many of us Pioneers still exist?
Clearly I'm very pleased to have been an early adopter and have enjoyed almost a decade long relationship with Exetel - last time I saw a number published there were 258 Pioneers still with Exetel - but that was sometime ago
How many are left now?

gong_guy
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:06 am

Re: Years of Service Discount

Post by gong_guy » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:45 pm

I'm one ! :D

User avatar
thomashouseman
Posts: 750
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:06 pm
Location: Toongabbie
Contact:

Re: Years of Service Discount

Post by thomashouseman » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:55 am

I'm one too, but am not getting a pioneer discount anymore as I only have a mobile with Exetel now as I moved to Telstra cable after 6 months of being promised new plans and Exetel not delivering. Now loving 20x my previous ADSL speed.

T.

James
Exetel Staff
Posts: 1974
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 10:27 pm

Re: Years of Service Discount

Post by James » Thu May 01, 2014 9:30 am

bodogbodog wrote:Exetel - are you able to share how many of us Pioneers still exist?
Clearly I'm very pleased to have been an early adopter and have enjoyed almost a decade long relationship with Exetel - last time I saw a number published there were 258 Pioneers still with Exetel - but that was sometime ago
How many are left now?
About the same number, but it is impossible to track if our early customers are still with us, any modification to an old service created a new customer ID/record.

bodogbodog
Posts: 279
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Years of Service Discount

Post by bodogbodog » Fri May 02, 2014 11:47 pm

James wrote:About the same number, but it is impossible to track if our early customers are still with us, any modification to an old service created a new customer ID/record.
James - Thanks - wouldn't there be a record of how many are receiving the Pioneer discount these days? (if its commercially sensitive to reveal how many of us "old timers" there still are that's ok - just curious as to how many "originals" are going to be celebrating 10 years with Exetel this year

James
Exetel Staff
Posts: 1974
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 10:27 pm

Re: Years of Service Discount

Post by James » Sat May 03, 2014 9:35 am

bodogbodog wrote:
James wrote:About the same number, but it is impossible to track if our early customers are still with us, any modification to an old service created a new customer ID/record.
James - Thanks - wouldn't there be a record of how many are receiving the Pioneer discount these days? (if its commercially sensitive to reveal how many of us "old timers" there still are that's ok - just curious as to how many "originals" are going to be celebrating 10 years with Exetel this year
About the same as last time it was reported.

bodogbodog
Posts: 279
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Years of Service Discount

Post by bodogbodog » Sat May 03, 2014 7:23 pm

James wrote:About the same as last time it was reported.
Thanks
Not a big surprise really - why leave if you're getting good service and competitive packages?

Aphid
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:43 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Years of Service Discount

Post by Aphid » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:30 am

Has the Pioneer discount been removed?

My last 5 invoices don't have it anymore.

James
Exetel Staff
Posts: 1974
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 10:27 pm

Re: Years of Service Discount

Post by James » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:05 pm

Aphid wrote:Has the Pioneer discount been removed?

My last 5 invoices don't have it anymore.
Did you move?

Aphid
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:43 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Years of Service Discount

Post by Aphid » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:20 am

No, I haven't moved for more than 12 years now.

I have changed plans over the years but that has never interrupted the Pioneer Discount before.

AzwanM
Exetel Staff
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:03 pm
Location: Sri Lanka

Re: Years of Service Discount

Post by AzwanM » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:54 pm

Aphid wrote:No, I haven't moved for more than 12 years now.

I have changed plans over the years but that has never interrupted the Pioneer Discount before.
We have escalated this to the relevant team and a confirmation was sent to your nominated e-mail address on 11-12-2014

Aaphid
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:52 am

Re: Years of Service Discount

Post by Aaphid » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:40 pm

AzwanM wrote:We have escalated this to the relevant team and a confirmation was sent to your nominated e-mail address on 11-12-2014
Hi. Has there been any progress with this?

James
Exetel Staff
Posts: 1974
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 10:27 pm

Re: Years of Service Discount

Post by James » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:34 am

Please send me your details (james@exetel.com.au

Post Reply