changing surname on adsl and mobile accounts

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au
soaper

changing surname on adsl and mobile accounts

Post by soaper » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:44 pm

i have raised this issue with billing late last week and again wrote today to try and sort out the exact requirements.
i thought i might put the question here also in case it is of use to anyone else.... or if it enables a clearer reply for me.

i am simply reverting to my maiden name after an eon of being divorced.
i have done this with no muss and no fuss with banks and drivers licence, car rego and insurances etc etc etc.
a very painless process in fact

2/3 places that i have not been able to make an immediate change has been Telstra (because i would have to start a new land line contract with them and that is not what i currently want) so i am leaving that for the moment .
the other is exetel. i have been asked to supply documentation. but no statement as to what documentation . i have been requested to fax the documentation in.... which i cant do as i cant scan the( unknown) document/s with non scanner. no information as to where i should fax it to is given anyway
most businesses have accepted my D/L, or my word over the phone. like i say it has been suprisingly easy.
FYI.......if a woman reverts to a maiden name she does NOT have to go thro any form of legal name change if she reverts to her maiden name.
simply provide the proof of who she was previously or proof that another agency has accepted earlier proof of that documentation. (like the driver licence)

since i am on both a ADSL and new mobile contract.......is there an issue of my seemingly breaking contract if i change name?
if there is then i will leave it alone til eventually one day i move.
that is one issue that i would like an answer to please....am i breaking contract??
seeing as i have already provided documentation of 3 kinds to the motor registry to change with them.......is not my new Driver licence adequate ?
it is the same details as the old one already provided..... but different name is all.

i can fax birth, marriage, divorce papers if i have to..... but i really prefer not to put them thro a fax as i am not comfortable with that level of ID going thro a fax.

so what are the requirements.??? i must not be the only one to get the bug to change their name :lol: :lol:

support ticket is #4735596

thanks

stevecJ
Exetel Staff

Re: changing surname on adsl and mobile accounts

Post by stevecJ » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:13 pm

soaper wrote:i have raised this issue with billing late last week and again wrote today to try and sort out the exact requirements.
i thought i might put the question here also in case it is of use to anyone else.... or if it enables a clearer reply for me.

i am simply reverting to my maiden name after an eon of being divorced.
i have done this with no muss and no fuss with banks and drivers licence, car rego and insurances etc etc etc.
a very painless process in fact

2/3 places that i have not been able to make an immediate change has been Telstra (because i would have to start a new land line contract with them and that is not what i currently want) so i am leaving that for the moment .
the other is exetel. i have been asked to supply documentation. but no statement as to what documentation . i have been requested to fax the documentation in.... which i cant do as i cant scan the( unknown) document/s with non scanner. no information as to where i should fax it to is given anyway
most businesses have accepted my D/L, or my word over the phone. like i say it has been suprisingly easy.
FYI.......if a woman reverts to a maiden name she does NOT have to go thro any form of legal name change if she reverts to her maiden name.
simply provide the proof of who she was previously or proof that another agency has accepted earlier proof of that documentation. (like the driver licence)

since i am on both a ADSL and new mobile contract.......is there an issue of my seemingly breaking contract if i change name?
if there is then i will leave it alone til eventually one day i move.
that is one issue that i would like an answer to please....am i breaking contract??
seeing as i have already provided documentation of 3 kinds to the motor registry to change with them.......is not my new Driver licence adequate ?
it is the same details as the old one already provided..... but different name is all.

i can fax birth, marriage, divorce papers if i have to..... but i really prefer not to put them thro a fax as i am not comfortable with that level of ID going thro a fax.

so what are the requirements.??? i must not be the only one to get the bug to change their name :lol: :lol:

support ticket is #4735596

thanks
Hi,

I have already asked one of my colleges in billing to look in to this for you and they will send you a reply soon.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

soaper

Post by soaper » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:27 pm

thank you

just some clarity on this odd question would be great

8)

soaper

Post by soaper » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:17 am

well an email reply that says i need to show i changed from my married name to my maiden name. this is asking me to prove a negative..........sort of.
i am not required by law to do any paper work with any government dept to show that i did this change back.
if i changed to a name that was not my maiden name .........then i would be required by law to pay $154 and do a name change with the dept of birth death and marriages.
a simple (belated) reverse to my maiden name.......does not require paperwork by birth, deaths and marriages

i just can do the change by simply using my old name and by showing one or all of my birth certificate/marriage certificat/divorce papers if someone (like a bank.drivers licence) wants this.......but my divorce papers do NOT show (as requested in the email) that i changed to my maiden name.
changing to ones maiden name is not a process of the divorce or the papers issued at the time.

loosing the pioneer discount is not a wonderful thing either if i change name.
so i will put the change on hold til (if i ever make it) i move house and see what gives then as i change all other services to my new name.

why isnt the existance of a new drivers licence acceptable..... as it has been to the NAB eg.
i have been ID for a mobile account simply by my drivers licence number (as i recall). i will have to change my bank account details for direct debit on my members page as my bank accounts are all changed anyway
thanks

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:01 am

from memory if you change houses you can still keep the pioneer discount, something to consider

soaper

Post by soaper » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:01 am

jokiin wrote:from memory if you change houses you can still keep the pioneer discount, something to consider
yes i understood that changing addresses was ok with the discount.
my email says that simply changing the account owner name or changing ownership of the same account will result in loss of discount.

felix

Post by felix » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:06 am

Hi
Send an email to james@exetel.com.au explaining your situation and link this thread. He usually gets this kind of stuff sorted out. Surprised he hasn't popped in here actually, maybe he's on leave.
F

soaper

Post by soaper » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:39 am

8) 8) 8)

i have email that says it will be sorted with the production of the appropriate docos.

so that is all good (except i was hoping to hide my new DL photo from the world :oops: :oops: )

soaper

Post by soaper » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:10 pm

the info has been re re re faxed again from sons workplace

shoner
Exetel Staff

Post by shoner » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:00 pm

soaper wrote:the info has been re re re faxed again from sons workplace
Thank you, will get someone from billing to follow this up for you.
"Helping Making a Better World"

Log a fault ticket Here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

soaper

Post by soaper » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:28 pm

thanks shoner

it has been sent to the right fax number
it is a fax machine in a workplace that sends successful faxes all the time.
my son has copied the number straight to a cover sheet from info given to me regarding the number

if there is any issue futher please advise me and i will post in hard copy of the documents.
this is mad the way it is going right now :roll:

thanks

rukshani
Exetel Staff

Post by rukshani » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:20 pm

soaper wrote:thanks shoner

my son has copied the number straight to a cover sheet from info given to me regarding the number

if there is any issue futher please advise me and i will post in hard copy of the documents.

thanks
The issue has been resolved via Ticket ID: 4735596. Please reply to the email if you require any further assistance.

soaper

Post by soaper » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:24 pm

rukshani wrote:
soaper wrote:thanks shoner

thanks
The issue has been resolved via Ticket ID: 4735596. Please reply to the email if you require any further assistance.

i thank you very much 8) :D