Fees for changing mobile plans

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au
zforum69

Fees for changing mobile plans

Post by zforum69 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:25 am

Hi I just wanted to give some feedback on the cost to change mobile plans.

I had a phone on the CAP19 plan and wanted to change to the M8, basically change to a plan with the same rates/inclusions but had better value. I went into the user facilities to change the plan and it said I was going to be charged $50.

I don’t have a problem with Exetel wanting to charge for such things but I think it is out of line from the current marketplace. To activate a brand new service on the M8 plan Exetel would only charge $20, and this is a new service. There are other plans in the market with very similar rates and inclusions that do not charge an activation fee.

I then called customer support to see if the plan change fee can be waived. She said it could not. When I highlighted that a new service only costs $20 to activate I could tell from her response she was a little bemused and could not understand the logic either. Anyway, she reconfirmed the plan change fee is the plan change fee. I ported away later that day.

I really wanted that service to stay with Exetel, in fact a couple of days earlier I ported another number in, but the costs to change just seemed totally out of wack.

Regards,
Z

remosha
Exetel Staff

Re: Fees for changing mobile plans

Post by remosha » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:21 pm

zforum69 wrote:Hi I just wanted to give some feedback on the cost to change mobile plans.

I had a phone on the CAP19 plan and wanted to change to the M8, basically change to a plan with the same rates/inclusions but had better value. I went into the user facilities to change the plan and it said I was going to be charged $50.

I don’t have a problem with Exetel wanting to charge for such things but I think it is out of line from the current marketplace. To activate a brand new service on the M8 plan Exetel would only charge $20, and this is a new service. There are other plans in the market with very similar rates and inclusions that do not charge an activation fee.

I then called customer support to see if the plan change fee can be waived. She said it could not. When I highlighted that a new service only costs $20 to activate I could tell from her response she was a little bemused and could not understand the logic either. Anyway, she reconfirmed the plan change fee is the plan change fee. I ported away later that day.

I really wanted that service to stay with Exetel, in fact a couple of days earlier I ported another number in, but the costs to change just seemed totally out of wack.

Regards,
Z
M plans are a promotional plan offered to customers by our supplier. The charge for new sign up's is $20 as it's considered as bringing in business by our supplier. However, if an existing customer is to downgrade a plan, the plan change fee applies.