Changing from ADSL to NBN

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au
BW~Merlin

Changing from ADSL to NBN

Post by BW~Merlin » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:04 pm

My current ADSL plan is about to expire and I am set to renew it for another twelve months however construction of the NBN is set to start early next year in my suburb. My question is will I be charged for changing my ADSL plan and moving to an NBN plan when it is available?

rukshani
Exetel Staff

Re: Changing from ADSL to NBN

Post by rukshani » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:09 pm

BW~Merlin wrote:My current ADSL plan is about to expire and I am set to renew it for another twelve months however construction of the NBN is set to start early next year in my suburb. My question is will I be charged for changing my ADSL plan and moving to an NBN plan when it is available?

I have asked a sales consultant of Exetel to advise you on this - please await a response.

EromalR
Exetel Staff

Post by EromalR » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:57 pm

BW~Merlin wrote:My current ADSL plan is about to expire and I am set to renew it for another twelve months however construction of the NBN is set to start early next year in my suburb. My question is will I be charged for changing my ADSL plan and moving to an NBN plan when it is available?
Yes most probably. But we cannot confirm now itself.

BW~Merlin

Post by BW~Merlin » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:03 pm

EromalR wrote:
When will you be able to confirm?

EromalR
Exetel Staff

Post by EromalR » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:53 pm

BW~Merlin wrote:
EromalR wrote:
When will you be able to confirm?
When you change to fibre once its available, if the ADSL has to be disconencted, you will get charged $100 for disconnecting within contract.

BW~Merlin

Post by BW~Merlin » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:14 pm

EromalR wrote:When you change to fibre once its available, if the ADSL has to be disconencted, you will get charged $100 for disconnecting within contract.
That seems a bit harsh to change from one Exetel service to another. Is that the only cost I will be up for to change from ADSL to Fibre?

rukshani
Exetel Staff

Post by rukshani » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:30 pm

BW~Merlin wrote:
EromalR wrote:When you change to fibre once its available, if the ADSL has to be disconencted, you will get charged $100 for disconnecting within contract.
That seems a bit harsh to change from one Exetel service to another. Is that the only cost I will be up for to change from ADSL to Fibre?
The exact cost cannot confirmed as at this point because it is not anything currently offered. In general, there could be an activation fee for the new service and a termination fee if your existing ADSL service is cancelled whilst on contract. However there could be promotions run on special terms as an exception, so it's best you get in touch with Exetel sales for more details closer to next year or when available.

sable

Post by sable » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:09 am

I am set to renew it for another twelve months
Why renew your contract?

Don't do anything and you just continue on a month to month basis and do not incurr a break fe if and when you move to NBN.

BW~Merlin

Post by BW~Merlin » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:43 pm

sable wrote:
I am set to renew it for another twelve months
Why renew your contract?

Don't do anything and you just continue on a month to month basis and do not incurr a break fe if and when you move to NBN.
That sounds like a good idea and what I might do however my current plan is the OT-200 which no longer exists and the replacement plan OP4 is five dollars a month cheaper.