What plan to select - ADSL1 to ADSL2??

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au
popper

What plan to select - ADSL1 to ADSL2??

Post by popper » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:37 pm

Hi all,

I hope I have posted this in the correct section.

I am looking at upgrading my current plan (T1.5-30) to ADSL2 but I am unsure of which plan to select.

I am in Port Macquarie NSW (2444). How do I know which service to select - Optus/Telstra/AAPT?

Any assistance appreciated.

Thanks,

Ian Millard

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: What plan to select - ADSL1 to ADSL2??

Post by Dazzled » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:07 pm

If you press one of the Order buttons you'll go to a page where your phone number can be looked up to see if that plan is actually available at your place. My understanding is that Port only has Telstra-based plans.

EromalR
Exetel Staff

Post by EromalR » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:56 pm

popper wrote:Hi all,

I hope I have posted this in the correct section.

I am looking at upgrading my current plan (T1.5-30) to ADSL2 but I am unsure of which plan to select.

I am in Port Macquarie NSW (2444). How do I know which service to select - Optus/Telstra/AAPT?

Any assistance appreciated.

Thanks,

Ian Millard
Kindly note that Optus infrastructure is not available but Telstra ADSL2 and AAPT infrastructure are available. Please log in to your members area to apply for a plan change or contact residentialsales@exetel.com.au

sable

Post by sable » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:20 am

Kindly note that Optus infrastructure is not available but Telstra ADSL2 and AAPT infrastructure are available. Please log in to your members area to apply for a plan change or contact residentialsales@exetel.com.au
I do not believe AAPT infrastructure is activated in Port Macquarie. Check for yourself here https://www.exetel.com.au/adsl2_aapt/re ... ualify.php

So only expensive Telstra plans for you!

popper

Post by popper » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:25 pm

sable wrote: I do not believe AAPT infrastructure is activated in Port Macquarie. Check for yourself here https://www.exetel.com.au/adsl2_aapt/re ... ualify.php
Interesting. I tried the Qualification search and it says ADSL2 is not available for my number. Does this mean only for AAPT ADSL2?
How do I search for Telstra ADSL2 availability?

I recently have noticed that some of the local RIM's (??) have had the "top-hat" installed on them. Does this mean they are ADSL2 enabled or does it only mean it has made more ADSL1 ports available.

Ian

sable

Post by sable » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:43 pm

popper

The link I provided is for AAPT ADSL2 only.

Telstra ADSL2 should be avaialble to most users, where in port are you? pm me if you want that kept private

EromalR
Exetel Staff

Post by EromalR » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:47 pm

popper wrote:
sable wrote: I do not believe AAPT infrastructure is activated in Port Macquarie. Check for yourself here https://www.exetel.com.au/adsl2_aapt/re ... ualify.php
Interesting. I tried the Qualification search and it says ADSL2 is not available for my number. Does this mean only for AAPT ADSL2?
How do I search for Telstra ADSL2 availability?

I recently have noticed that some of the local RIM's (??) have had the "top-hat" installed on them. Does this mean they are ADSL2 enabled or does it only mean it has made more ADSL1 ports available.

Ian
It is best for you to apply via members area first, as even though through a qualification check it shows as if ADSL2 is available, it could be rejected under any technical matter. If the service is availble, the plan will be changed, if not you will be notified of the rejection.

popper

Post by popper » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:08 am

Under my members section, it would only allow me to apply for the T8-5 plan, which is still for ADSL1 (I presume), but at a faster maximum speed of 8 meg(??)

So I applied for this the other day. Would you now believe that we got a letter from Telstra (Bigpond) saying that ADSL2+ is now available in my area, and wanting us to sign up with Bigpond.

Now, today, when I go in to Change Service, I only get the options of T20-3 and T20-4 ADSL2+ (Telstra) plans?

What gives?

Why couldn't I apply for these the other day? Even though I already have a change request in place, can I request another plan change to ADSL2+?

It will be interesting to see if Telstra are freeing up ADSL2+ ports for other ISP's.

EromalR
Exetel Staff

Post by EromalR » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:32 pm

popper wrote:Under my members section, it would only allow me to apply for the T8-5 plan, which is still for ADSL1 (I presume), but at a faster maximum speed of 8 meg(??)

So I applied for this the other day. Would you now believe that we got a letter from Telstra (Bigpond) saying that ADSL2+ is now available in my area, and wanting us to sign up with Bigpond.

Now, today, when I go in to Change Service, I only get the options of T20-3 and T20-4 ADSL2+ (Telstra) plans?

What gives?

Why couldn't I apply for these the other day? Even though I already have a change request in place, can I request another plan change to ADSL2+?

It will be interesting to see if Telstra are freeing up ADSL2+ ports for other ISP's.
As per the discussion I just had with you, we have successfully submitted a request to change your plan for the T20-3 plan under ADSL2 speed category.

popper

Post by popper » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:40 am

Many thanks.