Confusion over mobile billing dates

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au
smithi

Confusion over mobile billing dates

Post by smithi » Mon May 27, 2013 4:42 pm

Hello,

I'm running very close to allowance on my Z15 plan, and my son is already over on his Z29 (having recently had a baby :) so I've been keeping a close eye on both Mobile Meters. Both of these claim:

Commencement Date of Current Bill Period 28th Apr 2013
Number of Days Since Last Bill 29
Next Billing Date 28th May 2013

However when I look over the invoices for the last couple of months on both services, I see that the mobile invoices are issued on the 5th of the following month, and show calls (and data) starting at the 1st of the preceding month and ending at the last call on the last day of that month.

So it appears that it's not safe to assume that the Commencement Date of the current period is the 28th April, nor that the Next Billing Date is the 28th (tomorrow) with respect to our mobile services, although it is with our ADSL billing.

Am I correct in my observations here, that is, we both have to wait until the 1st of June before our billing starts at zero again? And if so, should not the Mobile Phone Meter page show the correct dates?

Thanks, Ian

AzwanM
Exetel Staff

Re: Confusion over mobile billing dates

Post by AzwanM » Mon May 27, 2013 6:12 pm

smithi wrote:Hello,

I'm running very close to allowance on my Z15 plan, and my son is already over on his Z29 (having recently had a baby :) so I've been keeping a close eye on both Mobile Meters. Both of these claim:

Commencement Date of Current Bill Period 28th Apr 2013
Number of Days Since Last Bill 29
Next Billing Date 28th May 2013

However when I look over the invoices for the last couple of months on both services, I see that the mobile invoices are issued on the 5th of the following month, and show calls (and data) starting at the 1st of the preceding month and ending at the last call on the last day of that month.

So it appears that it's not safe to assume that the Commencement Date of the current period is the 28th April, nor that the Next Billing Date is the 28th (tomorrow) with respect to our mobile services, although it is with our ADSL billing.

Am I correct in my observations here, that is, we both have to wait until the 1st of June before our billing starts at zero again? And if so, should not the Mobile Phone Meter page show the correct dates?

Thanks, Ian

Dear Ian,

The Mobile quota/allocation period is between the first and last day of the month.

Due to the recent change in our billing system, per-forma invoices for Mobile usage is generated on or around the 5th of every month.

This is to include applicable usage records in the relevant billing period.

The Monthly charge for the mobile service will be billed on the 28th along with the ADSL account.

In regards to the Mobile Phone Meter page in the Members Area, we have escalated this to our Development Team and it will be fixed in due course.

Please PM your 10 digit service number/Mobile number if you require further information.

smithi

Re: Confusion over mobile billing dates

Post by smithi » Mon May 27, 2013 7:28 pm

Ok Azwan, thanks. That's the way it seemed.

Glad to hear the Mobile Meter page will be updated to reflect the reality.

Cheers, Ian