Billing changes In July 2014

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au
ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Billing changes In July 2014

Post by ShaminG » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:09 am

Please update this thread with any inquiries you may have regarding the recently announced billing changes.

ReservedWolf

Re: Billing changes In July 2014

Post by ReservedWolf » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:48 pm

a simple question with hopefully a simple answer: will I receive an invoice tomorrow (being the 1st of July) for June's recurring costs or will that also be included in the 14th July Invoice, when it comes?
All the world's a stage; know your part or get off the stage, we need the performance space. - by me, inspired by many other misanthropes.

Thushari
Exetel Staff

Post by Thushari » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:47 pm

ReservedWolf wrote:a simple question with hopefully a simple answer: will I receive an invoice tomorrow (being the 1st of July) for June's recurring costs or will that also be included in the 14th July Invoice, when it comes?
You will be invoiced for and will be debited tomorrow. This is for any excess usage for the previous month and your monthly recurring charges (i.e. line rental etc.) for the month of July. The new process will only start on 14th of July. Fourteenth July invoice will contain; monthly recurring charges (i.e. August monthly rental) and any pro rata excess usage charges for the period from 1st of July to 13th of July. This amount will be deducted from your nominated account on your usual billing date. The above process is for ADSL and PSTN services only.

ReservedWolf

Post by ReservedWolf » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:56 pm

many thanks
Thushari wrote:
ReservedWolf wrote:a simple question with hopefully a simple answer: will I receive an invoice tomorrow (being the 1st of July) for June's recurring costs or will that also be included in the 14th July Invoice, when it comes?
You will be invoiced for and will be debited tomorrow. This is for any excess usage for the previous month and your monthly recurring charges (i.e. line rental etc.) for the month of July. The new process will only start on 14th of July. Fourteenth July invoice will contain; monthly recurring charges (i.e. August monthly rental) and any pro rata excess usage charges for the period from 1st of July to 13th of July. This amount will be deducted from your nominated account on your usual billing date. The above process is for ADSL and PSTN services only.
All the world's a stage; know your part or get off the stage, we need the performance space. - by me, inspired by many other misanthropes.

Steves

Post by Steves » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:41 pm

Thushari wrote:
Hello,
This should mean we only get charged for 14 days as we do not get the full month before the billing change, can you confirm this?
Steve

Thushari
Exetel Staff

Post by Thushari » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:31 pm

Steves wrote:Hello,
This should mean we only get charged for 14 days as we do not get the full month before the billing change, can you confirm this?
Steve

The monthly fee is charged for the full month. Although the you see your usage amount prorated for the first 13 days when you take the month as a whole, you are receiving the full quota. This is due to the usage quota allocation has changed from 14th till 13th from July.

It’s just to change the usage metering cycle to fall in line with the billing process we are doing this change.

It does not mean that you are paying anything extra or losing any data allowance.

Payment date remain unchange.

BigPete

Post by BigPete » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:59 pm

Hi.
I have just received an invoice and I'm being charged more then normal why.
On the 30/6 $60 taken out of my account for 200GB plan and I've never came close to going over that for usage, now I get this bill
Total due Due date
$67.74 28 Jul 2014
There should not be any other chargers, I don't pay line retail to you.

Franpa

Post by Franpa » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:22 pm

Any link to these changes? You made a thread for discussing changes but don't mention or link to the changes.
Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 920 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 24GB DDR3 1520MHz RAM | MSI Gamer 1070Ti 8GB | Integrated Sound Card | Corsair AX760 Platinum Power Supply | Exetel ZTE H268 Modem

vbap

Post by vbap » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:15 pm

What happens if, between the time an invoice is issued and the payment due date, a mobile service is ported out? Will the full invoice need to be paid or will a credit be issued?

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Post by ShaminG » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:11 pm

Hi.
I have just received an invoice and I'm being charged more then normal why.
On the 30/6 $60 taken out of my account for 200GB plan and I've never came close to going over that for usage, now I get this bill
Total due Due date
$67.74 28 Jul 2014
There should not be any other chargers, I don't pay line retail to you.
This is including the pro-rata charge from 28th till 31st July. I have requested one of our billing colleagues to update the thread with further clarification. i.e : Whether the recurring charges will effect from 1st till 31st in future.
Any link to these changes? You made a thread for discussing changes but don't mention or link to the changes.
Thread was created targeting the mass email we sent informing the new billing process.
What happens if, between the time an invoice is issued and the payment due date, a mobile service is ported out? Will the full invoice need to be paid or will a credit be issued?
It's possible to arrange a credit for the unused period.

ReservedWolf

Post by ReservedWolf » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:22 am

Just a quick thankyou to ShaminG for the accurate information from earlier in the thread, received the first of the new method invoices, clear as a bell, told me when it would be debited and how much, now I can really plan my finances in advance
Simon aka Wolf

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Post by ShaminG » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:09 pm

This is including the pro-rata charge from 28th till 31st July. I have requested one of our billing colleagues to update the thread with further clarification. i.e : Whether the recurring charges will effect from 1st till 31st in future.
I checked with billing team, additional pro-rata is only for this invoice.

dbr

Post by dbr » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:51 pm

Can I confirm that our with the change to the ADSL renewing on the 15th of the month, Mobile are still 1st of the month?

This makes it a real pain to monitor and track usage for all the services....
http://www.saferoz.com.au
First Aid * Fire * Safety

Shukri
Exetel Staff

Post by Shukri » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:40 am

Yes, That is right.

jonesyGT

Post by jonesyGT » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:54 pm

Hi,

I've sent an email to billing re this, however, when I look back over my payment history I have never paid anything like my July invoice. Its double what I have normally paid in the last 3 plus years.

I have voip & have never gone over in usage. I understand how prorata is supposed to work but my June payed, July paid twice & August paid. I understand the reasoning for changeover of billing period but this seems to have made me pay for services that I haven't used.