Billing cycle

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au
johnhennessy

Billing cycle

Post by johnhennessy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:26 am

On the 1st of this month I was billed for my full months usage. It is now the 14th, and I have again been charged for a full month. On the yearly invoice chart, this months bill shows up as $126.70 which is twice the monthly cost. Please explain to me how I am not being charged any extra during this "billing cycle change".

John Hennessy
10yr member next September
John Hennessy
10yr member in September

Thushari
Exetel Staff

Re: Billing cycle

Post by Thushari » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:38 pm

johnhennessy wrote:On the 1st of this month I was billed for my full months usage. It is now the 14th, and I have again been charged for a full month. On the yearly invoice chart, this months bill shows up as $126.70 which is twice the monthly cost. Please explain to me how I am not being charged any extra during this "billing cycle change"
I trust you must have received the billing change email around three weeks back. I will send you a copy of that email for your reference again.

According to the change, we will be generating your monthly invoice on 14th of each month. This starts on 14/07/2014 and this amount will be debited on your usual billing date. You will have more than 10 days to refer your invoice before it get debited your account. Graphical invoice value display two months' charge due to the reason that you have been invoiced on 01/07/2014 and 14/07/2014. This double value in graphical invoice amount would only occur this month.

Payment date remain unchanged.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=41150&p=310287#p310287

johnhennessy

Post by johnhennessy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:01 pm

I'm sorry, but this does not make sense. I am being billed two weeks early. Is Exetel really so desperate that they need to rip off 10yr customers for two weeks billing in advance? No wonder you are losing so many loyal supporters.
Can Exetel not generate the correct graphics on their website for their customers? Maybe we need to do more work in Australia to get these things done correctly.
John Hennessy
10yr member in September

johnhennessy

Post by johnhennessy » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:02 am

OK, I think I now understand the way the new cycle works. However, I now see that my usage meter is completely wrong. Overnight my usage has doubled telling me that I have used 91% of my downloads after only 6% of the month......please explain this to me. We are one day into the month and I have used virtually none of my downloads!
John Hennessy
10yr member in September

Thushari
Exetel Staff

Post by Thushari » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:38 pm

johnhennessy wrote:OK, I think I now understand the way the new cycle works. However, I now see that my usage meter is completely wrong. Overnight my usage has doubled telling me that I have used 91% of my downloads after only 6% of the month......please explain this to me. We are one day into the month and I have used virtually none of my downloads!
This has now been fixed.

johnhennessy

Post by johnhennessy » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:15 pm

Thank you.
John Hennessy
10yr member in September