Monthly Bill Notice

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au
Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Monthly Bill Notice

Post by Dazzled » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:09 pm

My spam trap just got a visit from a filtered out-non-standard email. You know the sort, spam, Russian girlfriends, packages in the mail, etc.

Except that it was the Exetel Monthly Bill Notice!

Please do not send HTML emails, and please do not include images, as any decently set up email system will reject these non-standard and usually unwanted messages. Images belong in attachments. The old superior user facilities used to have a tick box - NO HTML emails, for people who care about this. Email has standards too, and Microsoft didn't set them.

trev

Re: Monthly Bill Notice

Post by trev » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:29 pm

Same issue - except that I had not selected to receive bills by email and those info emails I had selected to receive were setup for text only (not HTML and images).

IanS

Post by IanS » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:58 am

trev wrote:Same issue - except that I had not selected to receive bills by email and those info emails I had selected to receive were setup for text only (not HTML and images).
Same happened for a friends account, but if you select to receive email (I have done this on both my accounts) you don't get the email - Reverse logic???

IanS

Post by IanS » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:01 am

Dazzled wrote:Email has standards too, and Microsoft didn't set them.
The problem is Exetel are now inventing their "own standards", none of which, we users really want!

Wonder if there's an award for "the worst website", cause they'd get a couple of votes from me!

Thushari
Exetel Staff

Post by Thushari » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:39 pm

We appreciate your feedback and will ensure that this is reviewed by our developers.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:53 am

It happened again!

Today's notice is once again in poor HTML (omitted tags, bad attributes etc), and so invisible. When displayed in a browser we see such stupidities as Microsoft fonts, in colours too pale to be legible. It appears to be developed from a template.

Windows Mobile isn't the device most customers use. Please supply correctly coded messages in standards-compliant plain text except where customers have requested otherwise. It is actually simpler as well as better.

JamesR

Post by JamesR » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:48 pm

Mac Mail and iPhone have both been showing messy HTML code for any Exetel correspondence I have received recently, whether it be invoice notifications or other messages. I can understand Exetel's push to change their marketing templates to match current design, but plain text is a lot better than seeing a messy lot of code, and I liked the option to set this in your members facilities just in case you had a spam filter that liked eating "large content" email. Fortunately, I was able to scroll down and decipher the message contents, but to anyone who might not know how to read HTML, they'd probably mistake it for phishing/spam.
Regards,

JamesR
Customer since 2005

shoner

Post by shoner » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:29 pm

JamesR wrote:Mac Mail and iPhone have both been showing messy HTML code for any Exetel correspondence I have received recently, whether it be invoice notifications or other messages. I can understand Exetel's push to change their marketing templates to match current design, but plain text is a lot better than seeing a messy lot of code, and I liked the option to set this in your members facilities just in case you had a spam filter that liked eating "large content" email. Fortunately, I was able to scroll down and decipher the message contents, but to anyone who might not know how to read HTML, they'd probably mistake it for phishing/spam.
This has been brought to the attention of our dev team. We should see improvements in future.
"Helping Making a Better World"

Log a fault ticket Here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:48 pm

It's not merely fixing their coding though, shoner. Plain (works everywhere) text please.