New invoice cycle, am I 'losing' half a month?

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au
Osprey06

New invoice cycle, am I 'losing' half a month?

Post by Osprey06 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:00 pm

Hi,

With the recent changes to the invoicing cycle, I’m concerned that I’m ‘losing’ half a month worth of product (OP3 ADSL in my case) and would appreciate Exetel clarifying whether my understand of the change is correct or not. I guess my question/concern really revolves around whether my internet fees are for ‘a month’ in advance, or ‘an invoice cycle’ in advance.

Old situation:
Under the old situation, I was being both invoiced and billed on the 1st of each month. Each bill amount paid for the next month worth of internet.

New situation:
After having the one 'short' invoice cycle in July, I am now being invoiced on the 14th of each month and still being billed on the 1st of each month. Each bill amount now pays for...what exactly? The next month (i.e. the last half of the current invoice cycle and the first half of the next invoice cycle)??

Hypothetical situation:
Say I decided to cancel my internet service on the 14th of the month. Ignoring Exetels cancellation notification period for a minute, under the old situation I would expect, pursuant with Section 12.8(c) of the ToS, that the monthly fees relating to the second, unused, half of the month would be refunded. Under the new situation, would this still be the case, or would there be no refund because the cancellation date aligns with the end of my invoice cycle (and end of usage period)?

Cheers.

Thushari
Exetel Staff

Re: New invoice cycle, am I 'losing' half a month?

Post by Thushari » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:09 pm

Osprey06 wrote:Hi,

With the recent changes to the invoicing cycle, I’m concerned that I’m ‘losing’ half a month worth of product (OP3 ADSL in my case) and would appreciate Exetel clarifying whether my understand of the change is correct or not. I guess my question/concern really revolves around whether my internet fees are for ‘a month’ in advance, or ‘an invoice cycle’ in advance.

Old situation:
Under the old situation, I was being both invoiced and billed on the 1st of each month. Each bill amount paid for the next month worth of internet.

New situation:
After having the one 'short' invoice cycle in July, I am now being invoiced on the 14th of each month and still being billed on the 1st of each month. Each bill amount now pays for...what exactly? The next month (i.e. the last half of the current invoice cycle and the first half of the next invoice cycle)??

Hypothetical situation:
Say I decided to cancel my internet service on the 14th of the month. Ignoring Exetels cancellation notification period for a minute, under the old situation I would expect, pursuant with Section 12.8(c) of the ToS, that the monthly fees relating to the second, unused, half of the month would be refunded. Under the new situation, would this still be the case, or would there be no refund because the cancellation date aligns with the end of my invoice cycle (and end of usage period)?
With the new billing change, Exetel generates the invoice around 10 days ahead before we debit customer's account. Nevertheless monthly rental is charged in-advance same as before,i.e. as per the calendar month. However usage cycle for ADSL/PSTN has been changed from 14th to the 13th of the month.

When it comes to a cancellation; if the cancellation is requested to be effective after the invoice date but initiated the request before the invoice is generated, there will be a credit applied automatically to the invoice. If it is after the invoice generated date but before starting the new billing cycle, we will still apply a credit. Nevertheless if none of the above adjustment had not been applied, you can always contact us to arrange the applicable credit manually.

Osprey06

Re: New invoice cycle, am I 'losing' half a month?

Post by Osprey06 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:28 pm

Right, so even with the new invoice cycle, I'm still paying for a month worth of internet in advance at the start of each month.

thanks for clearing that up.