Mobile usage charge?

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au

Mobile usage charge?

Postby tin on Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:56 am

I've got one of the old mobile broadband plans that includes no data. About 2 years ago, there was an email sent out saying it would be moving to data only, and SMS and voice would no longer be available on it....
Curiously though, the last invoice I have has a 22c charge for "Mobile Voice Charges (Premium)". If I'm not meant to be able to do it, how can I create a charge?
It is possible I stuck the SIM in a phone to test if the phone was dead, but I can't remember doing that, and even if I did, I don't bother trying to send anything because I was under the impression it won't work anyway.

I'm not expecting a refund on the 22c - that would be silly. My main concern is simply that something is not right here. Either my SIM is set up to allow things I was told it could no longer do, or someone has a problem with their billing system.
The above post is copyright, may be edited at any time, and should not be taken internally. Any breach of these terms may result in legal action or a sore tummy.
tin

Re: Mobile usage charge?

Postby saadbafik on Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:57 pm

Hi,

Can you please PM your mobile number

Regards,
Saad Bafik
saadbafik
Exetel Staff

Postby tin on Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:42 pm

OK, so the charge is for an SMS (according to PM reply).

But 2 years ago, I was told my mobile broadband service was to have voice and SMS barred. I can't see any emails from Exetel saying this was changing, nor can I see any place in the members area to show me charges for this usage.

If the charge is for an SMS, how did I send it if doing so is barred?
If I'm not barred from doing so, why does the members area not list my usage for voice and SMS at all?

Surely either the members area should be showing my SMS usage, or the SMS shouldn't be allowed.
The above post is copyright, may be edited at any time, and should not be taken internally. Any breach of these terms may result in legal action or a sore tummy.
tin

Postby ShaminG on Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:36 pm

tin wrote:Surely either the members area should be showing my SMS usage, or the SMS shouldn't be allowed.

Once you logged in, navigate over to 'Services and Usage' -> Click on the tab 'Usage' and expand the link 'Included call SMS & MMS' and you will see the break down of the charges.
ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Return to Invoicing & billing