Churning Process

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au

Churning Process

Postby fatman350 on Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:33 pm

I am thinking of churning away from Exetel to another service provider.
I have noticed quite a few posts on whingepool regarding the requirement of 30 days notice but this notice is "only" for cancelling a service and possible payment. See this post http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-re ... ?t=2390891
I have checked terms and conditions and clause 12.7 states that a churn will be deemed service cancelled immediately by the customer yet the service is not cancelled but "churned" to a new equivalent provider.

Yet in the article linked above the user is stating that even "after" a "churn" Exetel is demanding additional payment due to not notifying 30 days prior.

What is the case ?
If or when I churn inside a current billing month will Exetel demand payment for another "month" of service that will "not" be supplied by them but an equivalent (better) service provider ?

I have churned from several providers over the years and "never" been told that I have to pay for a month of access that I will never use.

Please respond clearly Exetels intentions regarding churns and charges.

I do understand that if I have used web based sms that their will be final charges required to pay for those as they are paid for in arrears but adsl access is paid for in advance and up front for each new month already.

So what is it to be ?

GG
fatman350

Re: Churning Process

Postby angelos on Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:54 am

fatman350 wrote:I am thinking of churning away from Exetel to another service provider.
I have noticed quite a few posts on whingepool regarding the requirement of 30 days notice but this notice is "only" for cancelling a service and possible payment. See this post http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-re ... ?t=2390891
I have checked terms and conditions and clause 12.7 states that a churn will be deemed service cancelled immediately by the customer yet the service is not cancelled but "churned" to a new equivalent provider.

Yet in the article linked above the user is stating that even "after" a "churn" Exetel is demanding additional payment due to not notifying 30 days prior.

What is the case ?
If or when I churn inside a current billing month will Exetel demand payment for another "month" of service that will "not" be supplied by them but an equivalent (better) service provider ?

I have churned from several providers over the years and "never" been told that I have to pay for a month of access that I will never use.

Please respond clearly Exetels intentions regarding churns and charges.

I do understand that if I have used web based sms that their will be final charges required to pay for those as they are paid for in arrears but adsl access is paid for in advance and up front for each new month already.

So what is it to be ?

GG

30 days' notice has to be provided when cancelling a residential grade service so if you request for the cancellation to happen on the day of the churn 30 days' prior to it you will only be charged till the day of the churn.

However you have the option to cancel the service any time so when it is churning the service will get cancelled but the notice has to be provided.
angelos
Exetel Staff

Return to Invoicing & billing