"Account suspended"

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au
Tafkam

"Account suspended"

Post by Tafkam » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:41 pm

I am pretty mad.
On the 5th June I got an email saying Exetel had tried to take their automated payment and it was rejected by my bank. MY bank denies this and there was ALWAYS plenty of funds in that account. At NO point was that account in debit. And I have the screenshots to prove it.
So I emailed, saying the funds were there and I got another email saying "We have requested the payment again upon your request". This did not happen. There is no record of a second payment attempt anywhere at any time.
So then I got an email saying my account would be immediately suspended. And it was. I was sent a text message saying I could log on to My Exetel and make a payment. Which I did and here I am.
I have been an Exetel cutomer for years and years. I was one of the very first to sign on when Exetel went regional many years ago. I have never EVER had a failed payment in all that time. And this is how I get treated? Not even a day's grace so I can make a phone call and try to explain?
I don't know or care whose fault it was, the bank or Exetel's, but my loyalty to Exetel is obviously not worth a pinch of $%&@ , not worthy of an explanation, not even worthy of a second payment attempt, as was promised. So thanks for that.

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Re: "Account suspended"

Post by ShaminG » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:02 pm

Tafkam wrote:I am pretty mad.
On the 5th June I got an email saying Exetel had tried to take their automated payment and it was rejected by my bank. MY bank denies this and there was ALWAYS plenty of funds in that account. At NO point was that account in debit. And I have the screenshots to prove it.
So I emailed, saying the funds were there and I got another email saying "We have requested the payment again upon your request". This did not happen. There is no record of a second payment attempt anywhere at any time.
So then I got an email saying my account would be immediately suspended. And it was. I was sent a text message saying I could log on to My Exetel and make a payment. Which I did and here I am.
I have been an Exetel cutomer for years and years. I was one of the very first to sign on when Exetel went regional many years ago. I have never EVER had a failed payment in all that time. And this is how I get treated? Not even a day's grace so I can make a phone call and try to explain?
I don't know or care whose fault it was, the bank or Exetel's, but my loyalty to Exetel is obviously not worth a pinch of $%&@ , not worthy of an explanation, not even worthy of a second payment attempt, as was promised. So thanks for that.
I believe the invoice was generated on 14th May and the payment was 1st attempted on 01st June and after the initial payment attempt has been failed service was not suspended immediately. I have advised our billing team to provide further information via the ticket ref : 9158561

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused to you.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:22 pm

years and years
More than 10 1/2 years a forum member and contributor, Tafkam. I hope this can be resolved quickly for you.

Tafkam

Post by Tafkam » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:19 pm

Thanks Dazzled. I had to make a CC payment to get back online, but it was processed very quickly. Now, it seems Exetel WERE able to get their payment after all and have now been paid twice. Somehow it's up to me to contact my bank and get this reversed. :?

AzwanM
Exetel Staff

Post by AzwanM » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:45 pm

Tafkam wrote:Thanks Dazzled. I had to make a CC payment to get back online, but it was processed very quickly. Now, it seems Exetel WERE able to get their payment after all and have now been paid twice. Somehow it's up to me to contact my bank and get this reversed. :?
We will investigate this case further and get back to you via e-mail/ticket reference 9158561.

Regret the inconvenience caused to you in this regard.

Tafkam

Post by Tafkam » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:18 am

Thank you, I believe the matter has been resolved. *urge to kill.....fading........* :wink: