The Dreaded Letter To Cease Supplying Service...

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au

The Dreaded Letter To Cease Supplying Service...

Postby Thy_Zombie! on Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:29 pm

Hi eXeTeL'ers

I'm one of those unfortunate members (and almost an 11 year member at that - receiving the good ol' Loyalty Program discount) whom received the dreaded Notice Of Termination Of Service recently. Advising only that "Exetel has made a commercial decision to cease supplying services to your address...".

I don't quite understand, if this is the case, why then am I able to check service availability from the Exetel Home Page and have it confirmed that "Yes. An ADSL service is available at your place."!

Can you please advise, if/when my service is cancelled, will I 'stupidly' be able to reapply for a new service - on a new plan with you... given that your Service Availablity Check states that it is available?

Thanx.

- TZ!
Thy_Zombie!

Re: The Dreaded Letter To Cease Supplying Service...

Postby KavindaS on Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:33 am

Thy_Zombie! wrote:Hi eXeTeL'ers

I'm one of those unfortunate members (and almost an 11 year member at that - receiving the good ol' Loyalty Program discount) whom received the dreaded Notice Of Termination Of Service recently. Advising only that "Exetel has made a commercial decision to cease supplying services to your address...".

I don't quite understand, if this is the case, why then am I able to check service availability from the Exetel Home Page and have it confirmed that "Yes. An ADSL service is available at your place."!

Can you please advise, if/when my service is cancelled, will I 'stupidly' be able to reapply for a new service - on a new plan with you... given that your Service Availablity Check states that it is available?

Thanx.

- TZ!

I have escalated this with the relevant sales department and they will get in touch with you. :)
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby Thy_Zombie! on Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:10 pm

Thanks, KavindaS

I will await their contact. Will be very interested in their response to this.

What's the usual turnaround time? Thanx.

- TZ!
Thy_Zombie!

Postby Thy_Zombie! on Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:26 pm

Yeh, so, as I expected, the Sales Department could only confirm that I will be getting terminated... and wished me luck with my next ISP.

Must say, the eXeTeL Forums don't offer much in the way of input from fellow subscibers. Dissappointing. It used to be an extreme hive of activity with many people more than happy to offer their views.

It's a strange feeling to be saying farewell to a business entity, as opposed to an individual, after 11 years of loyalty. For what it's worth... fare thee well eXeTeL. It was a fascinating ride. And I certainly learned a bunch from those whom contributed to a [previously] useful Forum.

A real shame that eXeTeL can no longer provide service to my address. I'm not looking forward to jumping on the cattle wagon of the bigger ISP's. Ahh well, that's business, I guess. Sometimes full of great business sense. Other times you are just left wondering.

Adios Amigos!

- TZ!
Thy_Zombie!

Postby Dazzled on Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:45 pm

I hope it turns out well for you. I won't forget your user name for a while; it is one of the more colourful. You've been posting here since the busy old times in 2005!
Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Postby Thy_Zombie! on Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:13 pm

Dazzled! Mate! You've made my day!

I've lost count of how many of your posts (and ensuing threads) that I've read over the years. It's not quite all 6380 of them... but a good chunk :)

Have always valued your input, both from a technical standpoint and also your clear cool headed responses to some of those numpties out there.

Well, keep on keeping on, Dazzled. Exetel's forum is so much richer with your input ;)

Off to AusBBS I go :s

- TZ!
Thy_Zombie!

Postby thomashouseman on Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:26 pm

Ahh!

I did wonder if any Loyalty Program members got terminated...
How many members are still current/exist out of the first thousand that joined?

T.
thomashouseman

Postby James on Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:14 pm

No pioneer customers got terminated.
James
Exetel Staff

Postby Thy_Zombie! on Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:51 pm

James wrote:No pioneer customers got terminated.

Must be pure luck that none of the Pioneer customers were at an address that eXeTeL decided to cease supplying services to... or were they exclusively excluded from this impact - now there's another conspiracy for ya James. My parting gift to you - lol :p (NB: no need to respond... just a little tongue in cheek).

Just to clarify, for good ol' ThomasHouseman. I'm on the Loyalty Program discount applied to all customers who joined Exetel before 31st December 2004... well, I'm on it for a few more days :(

Spoken about at this thread --> viewtopic.php?f=338&t=35442&start=45#p287634

- TZ!
Thy_Zombie!

Postby thomashouseman on Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:59 pm

Ahh... same same but different.... just a little newer.
thomashouseman

Return to Invoicing & billing