Billing when switching isps

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au

Billing when switching isps

Postby manwe on Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:05 pm

I'm in the process of changing ISP's away from Exetel. I have a bundled adsl2 plan but I have nbn fibre with another isp and my voice number is being ported to them (which I assume cancells my adsl service completely).

Anyway, the switchover is supposed to be on the 21st September and my current invoice from exetel which includes a service charge in advance for October will be charged on the 28th.

Anyway assuming the switchover happens on the 21st, will my bill to be charged on the 28th be changed to reflect that I no longer need service? Or will I have to request a refund after the fact?
manwe

Re: Billing when switching isps

Postby manwe on Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:14 am

So my number has been ported to my nbn rsp, but still appears active in the exetel system. Do I have to manually cancel it ot will it just cancel naturally when tne current billing month is over?

Can I cancell it through my exetel?
manwe

Postby KavindaS on Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:46 pm

manwe wrote:So my number has been ported to my nbn rsp, but still appears active in the exetel system. Do I have to manually cancel it ot will it just cancel naturally when tne current billing month is over?

PM me your current ADSL bundle service number and I will check on this.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby manwe on Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:42 pm

KavindaS wrote:
manwe wrote:So my number has been ported to my nbn rsp, but still appears active in the exetel system. Do I have to manually cancel it ot will it just cancel naturally when tne current billing month is over?

Done.
manwe

Postby KavindaS on Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:25 pm

manwe wrote:
KavindaS wrote:

Done.

Unfortunately we do not provide the option to cancel services via the members facility as all customers are required to inform via email or phone for service cancellations. (Related to the question raised via viewtopic.php?f=21&t=42993&p=318926#p318926 )

According to records our provisioning team has confirmed that your adsl/phone service 0249676671 has not been ported to a new provider.

Therefore according to Exetel terms and conditions, your required to give 30 days notice for any service cancellation. We have previously informed you about on 20/09/2016. Ref # 10721756

Hence we have placed a cancellation request on 27/09/2016 and the cancellation will be effective on 27/10/2016 after 30 days notice, charges until that day will be applicable.

For further inquiries on this contact our provisioning department on 0280301000 / 1300788141 during business hours or email provisioning@exetel.com.au .
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Return to Invoicing & billing