Pro rated data

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au
FatAido

Pro rated data

Post by FatAido » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:38 pm

I recently activated a mobile data service on the 25th of November and used 1.2gb of my 1.5gb plan in 3 days!
I received a notification that I have exceeded my data usage because the amount of data I am allocated in the first month in pro rated, this month it is 240mb.
I was not aware of this and have looked through the terms and conditions of my contract and cant find any detail for it. Can you please help me understand what I did wrong or rectify this matter as I am now being charged for excess usage. I might also mention that I did not receive a notification of over usage until 24 hours after the event.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Pro rated data

Post by KavindaS » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:50 pm

FatAido wrote:I recently activated a mobile data service on the 25th of November and used 1.2gb of my 1.5gb plan in 3 days!
I received a notification that I have exceeded my data usage because the amount of data I am allocated in the first month in pro rated, this month it is 240mb.
I was not aware of this and have looked through the terms and conditions of my contract and cant find any detail for it. Can you please help me understand what I did wrong or rectify this matter as I am now being charged for excess usage. I might also mention that I did not receive a notification of over usage until 24 hours after the event.
I will check on this for you with our Billing department. PM me your mobile service number for further investigations.

FatAido

Post by FatAido » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:34 am

I received this via email - "I will make arrangements to waive off the excess usage amount".
This would have solved my problem only in my latest bill the excess usage was not waived.
Could someone please look into this for me?
I am about ready to quit using this service unless things improve.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:51 am

FatAido wrote:I received this via email - "I will make arrangements to waive off the excess usage amount".
This would have solved my problem only in my latest bill the excess usage was not waived.
Could someone please look into this for me?
I am about ready to quit using this service unless things improve.
Could you update this thread with your billing email ticket reference number?

FatAido

Post by FatAido » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:21 pm

E55959211
Excess usage, Other fees, charges and credits: $20.00