Mobile billing and porting

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au

Mobile billing and porting

Postby kiwigene on Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:44 am

What happens to the "prepaid" user access charge on an Exesaver mobile plan if you port away?

Billing cycle is middle of the month - e.g. invoice is generated on March 13th and I need pay $X to cover mobile plan for month of April.

If I port away between the billing cycle and April 1st is the user access charge refunded or do I lose it?

Or in other words, if I want to avoid paying for a month of a plan I won't use, do I need to port before the invoice is generated or can I wait until the end of the month.

Thanks for your help.
kiwigene

Re: Mobile billing and porting

Postby KavindaS on Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:00 pm

kiwigene wrote:What happens to the "prepaid" user access charge on an Exesaver mobile plan if you port away?

Billing cycle is middle of the month - e.g. invoice is generated on March 13th and I need pay $X to cover mobile plan for month of April.

If I port away between the billing cycle and April 1st is the user access charge refunded or do I lose it?

Or in other words, if I want to avoid paying for a month of a plan I won't use, do I need to port before the invoice is generated or can I wait until the end of the month.

Thanks for your help.

I have checked this with the Billing department. Check below for their response.

Please note when porting out or cancelling a mobile service, 28 days notice needs to be given to Exetel as per terms and conditions. If the service is ported out without giving the cancellation notice to Exetel, monthly charges will be applicable for 28 days from the service port out date. You also can place the cancellation of mobile service with 28 days cancellation notice and can port the number before the service cancellation. Monthly charges are applicable only till the service cancellation date. (Please note if the service is not ported out before the service cancellation date, you will not be able to port out the service). If you need more information please PM your service number or contact Exetel billing team.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Return to Invoicing & billing