have you charged me $223.36 THIS month

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au
crabby

have you charged me $223.36 THIS month

Post by crabby » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:18 pm

you have invoiced my 2 times this month. the first time was on the 7/3/19 of $78.38 and again on the 14/3/19 for $144.98 and you have charged me for a phone - I did not order a phone I never use a land line, check my previous invoices, no phone calls EVER made.
please correct this mistake make sure you have canceled my ADSL connection as requested on the 8/1/19 and send me an invoice for the correct amount

I sent this via email to billing on the 15th of march and as usual Exetel have not bothered to reply. you have already taken $78.38 and I will be instructing my bank to not process any further payments to Exetel until I get a adequate explanation as to why I'm being charged $223.36 for my $89.99 per month plan.

IsuruB
Exetel Staff

Re: have you charged me $223.36 THIS month

Post by IsuruB » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:45 pm

crabby wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:18 pm
you have invoiced my 2 times this month. the first time was on the 7/3/19 of $78.38 and again on the 14/3/19 for $144.98 and you have charged me for a phone - I did not order a phone I never use a land line, check my previous invoices, no phone calls EVER made.
please correct this mistake make sure you have canceled my ADSL connection as requested on the 8/1/19 and send me an invoice for the correct amount

I sent this via email to billing on the 15th of march and as usual Exetel have not bothered to reply. you have already taken $78.38 and I will be instructing my bank to not process any further payments to Exetel until I get a adequate explanation as to why I'm being charged $223.36 for my $89.99 per month plan.
Thanks for reaching out. We have notified the relevant team and will be in touch with you shortly. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

crabby

Post by crabby » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:22 pm

Hi,

just to let you know I have canceled all my services with Exetel and notified billing on Tuesday the 26th of March.

I am also putting it up here because it looks like no one seems to read or reply to emails at Exetel. I was a customer for 10 years but because of the abysmal service I have received over the past few months and the feeble excuses of billing charging me for a canceled service, I decided to churn to another provider.

crabby

Post by crabby » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:16 pm

So after being a customer for 10 years I get “We’re sad to see you go” no attempt to fix the problem. I’m glad to be rid of you if this is the usual contempt you hold your customers in. IMHO you are just taking money from customers knowing full well that we’re not using two services at once.

And as I requested cancelation of my ADSL service while on the phone when you called me to confirm my order that would cover the 30 days cancelation period, but you still charged me for it.

I will also be sending an email to the TIO about Exetel's conduct.

sankap
Exetel Staff

Post by sankap » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:44 pm

Hi Brian,
We are really sorry about all this which resulted in not being able to attend to your emails in a timely manner,.
We are currently having a backlog of inquiries and that resulted in the delay.

The trainee who replied to you on 26th March obviously did not know that you are due a credit for the duplicate payments you have made for both services.
I will get this credits arranged immediately for you and will make sure it is refunded back to your bank account which it was paid from.
Please allow till Monday for me to calculate exactly how much you have overpaid and get back to you.
Your reference number for this would be 14528782

I will also make any charges that result in the cancellation of services are removed.
It's the least we can do as an apology.
So please do not be alarmed if you see any new invoices in the next few days as I will be removing them.

Further the “We’re sad to see you go” email was just an automated one that was sent out when we got your transfer request.

Once again please accept my apology on behalf of Exetel for any inconvenience caused.

Regards
Sanka - Billing Team

crabby

Post by crabby » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:55 pm

thank you for the prompt reply, it is a shame that it had to come to this. if someone could have called me this could have probably been avoided.

Cheers,