Make Invoice Due Dates compatible with Bank Scheduling

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au
drayzen

Make Invoice Due Dates compatible with Bank Scheduling

Post by drayzen » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:27 pm

The Due Dates on invoices I receive keep changing so it's impossible to synchronise with my bank's scheduled transfer options.

Westpac Scheduled Payment Options
- Daily
- Weekly
- Every 2 weeks
- Every 3 weeks
- Every 4 weeks
- Monthly
- Every 2 months
- Every 12 weeks
- Quarterly
- Every 4 months
- Half yearly
- Yearly

This Billing FAQ document states:
5. What is my billing cycle?
Exetel bill customers on a calendar month basis which is = 1st day of the month to the end of the month.

https://www.exetel.com.au/files/FAQ_Billing.pdf
This is not what I see on my invoice.
In reverse chronological order, my past billing due dates have been: 28th, 30th, 28th, 29th, 28th, 28th, 2nd, 28th, 28th, 29th, 2nd, 28th, 29th, 28th, 28th, 30th.
It is impossible to define a schedule to match these dates.
If the billing cycle is actually as stated, then fix your invoicing to correctly reflect this, instead of these arbitrary dates near the start or end of the month.
..The wolf does not concern itself with the opinions of sheep..

judep
Exetel Staff

Re: Make Invoice Due Dates compatible with Bank Scheduling

Post by judep » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:34 pm

drayzen wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:27 pm
The Due Dates on invoices I receive keep changing so it's impossible to synchronise with my bank's scheduled transfer options.

- Daily
- Weekly
- Every 2 weeks
- Every 3 weeks
- Every 4 weeks
- Monthly
- Every 2 months
- Every 12 weeks
- Quarterly
- Every 4 months
- Half yearly
- Yearly

Exetel bill customers on a calendar month basis which is = 1st day of the month to the end of the month.

In reverse chronological order, my past billing due dates have been: 28th, 30th, 28th, 29th, 28th, 28th, 2nd, 28th, 28th, 29th, 2nd, 28th, 29th, 28th, 28th, 30th.
If the billing cycle is actually as stated, then fix your invoicing to correctly reflect this, instead of these arbitrary dates near the start or end of the month.
Hi,

Thank you for reaching us via Exetel Forum, this issue has been raised internally therefore our billing team will get back to you shortly to address this matter. We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this. Your Ref# 16286710

Thanks

sankap
Exetel Staff

Re: Make Invoice Due Dates compatible with Bank Scheduling

Post by sankap » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:59 am

drayzen wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:27 pm
The Due Dates on invoices I receive keep changing so it's impossible to synchronise with my bank's scheduled transfer options.

- Daily
- Weekly
- Every 2 weeks
- Every 3 weeks
- Every 4 weeks
- Monthly
- Every 2 months
- Every 12 weeks
- Quarterly
- Every 4 months
- Half yearly
- Yearly

Hi

For your service with Exetel, we issue invoices on the 14th of each month.
By law, we need to give you 10 working days to review the invoice before we can direct debit.
That is why we usually direct debit on the 28th of the month.
If there are holidays in between or if the 28th falls on a weekend, we direct debit on the next working day.
That is why on some months its on the 29th or 30th. Anyway the due date is printed on invoices.

So you can safely keep in mind the date as 28th of the month as it will always be on or after this date.

The Billing FAQ also states the following.

6. When will the monthly invoice be issued?
On the 14th of each month.
7. When is my invoice due?
The due date on the invoice is typically due by month end or early on the following month. (The exact date will be issued on the actual invoice)