Cost's of moving?

Old, inactive threads
Ziege Mitfahrer

Post by Ziege Mitfahrer » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:53 am

Thanks Aquard. Mission accomplished.
I just checked my statements and realised that I hadn't been getting the discount, anyway. Bugger.

melissa

Moving within same exchange - what do I need to do?

Post by melissa » Sun May 20, 2007 6:54 pm

I'm moving house next week, but staying within the same exchange, so I can keep my existing number.

I disconnect here, reconnect there. What do I do about ADSL though? Am I going to be ADSL-less for a few days? Does anyone know how this works?

Jared Lee

Post by Jared Lee » Mon May 21, 2007 9:17 am

I'm moving house next week, but staying within the same exchange, so I can keep my existing number.
That will depend on your voice service provider. But in theory, you may keep the same phone number. Please contact your VSP to make this arrangement.

As for your internet, as soon as your previous phone service disconnected, the ADSL service will drop as well.

If the phone service was disconnected due to relocation, and you wish to reconnect your ADSL back, you must apply for ADSL service relocation, once your phone line reconnected again.

Relocation application can be made via your User Facilities, and ADSL1 relocation cost will be $100. Early Termination fee will apply if the previous service was terminated within initial 6 months service.

ADSL1 service usually take appx 4 - 6 working days to complete. Downtime is unavoidable unless you have a prepaid dial-up as backup

fauX

Couple of questions

Post by fauX » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:41 pm

I'm:
* moving from Melbourne to a new address in QLD in about 1 month
* still within my 6 month initial contract
* an ADSL1 customer now, but I'll be moving to an ADSL2 exchange (and thus I'll want an ADSL2 plan)
* my Melbourne phone will be cancelled, and it'll probably be 1-3 weeks later before the QLD phone will be available (a different ph number obviously)

My question:

1. If I cancel my ADSL1 in 1 month, and 2 weeks later apply for an ADSL2 plan, how does the $100 cancellation/$100 relocation thing work? Basically what would I have to pay now (upon cancellation) and later (upon reconncection)? Or, what is the best way to go about this?

2. I want to make sure I stay an exetel customer, even though I know I'm forced to have no exetel account (technically) for maybe 1-3 weeks. However I can do this at the most cost effective way is what I"m looking for, any help appreciated.

Thanks!

James
    Exetel Staff

Post by James » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:10 pm

You should just cancel your ADSL1 account, and apply as a new ADSL2+ user when your line is ready; it will cost exactly the same.

fauX

Then...

Post by fauX » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:06 pm

James wrote:You should just cancel your ADSL1 account, and apply as a new ADSL2+ user when your line is ready; it will cost exactly the same.
    Are you saying that you recommend I cancel and you will charge me full cancellation fees, whilst charging me full reconnection fees when I return?

ajboswell

Moving across the road & keeping same number

Post by ajboswell » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:44 pm

I am moving - literally across the road. I will be keeping the same number, however I gather that I will need to "relocate" the DSL connection. Firstly - is this correct? or is there any possibility that the DSL connection will work at the new address?

Secondly - since this is effectively a termination and new service, I will probably move to a newer DSL2 plan (currently on an older DSL plan that is dearer for less).

So the second question is, if I do a termination and new DSL2 service, on the same number but at a different address, will my email addresses etc be preserved? How do I make that happen? Should I fill in the "relocation" form or do a termination and new service in order to make it happen?

thanks

James
    Exetel Staff

Post by James » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:54 pm

You may relocate your service to either ADSL1 or ADSL2+, even if you move in the same apartment building you will need to fill in this form.

fauX

Re: Then...

Post by fauX » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:24 pm

fauX wrote:
    James wrote:You should just cancel your ADSL1 account, and apply as a new ADSL2+ user when your line is ready; it will cost exactly the same.
    Are you saying that you recommend I cancel and you will charge me full cancellation fees, whilst charging me full reconnection fees when I return?
    I'm surprised a post after mine was answered whilst weeks later mine hasn't been. I can only take this as 'Cancel, pay full cancellation fees, and don't come back because we aren't interested in you.'

Cheers fellas.

adzinets

Post by adzinets » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:30 pm

I am moving house, and my new telephone connection will be with Telstra. What user facility should I use provided the telephone at the new place could be connected after the old one has been canceled?

I can't use the "Move to new address" facility cause the telephone is not connected. And if I use "Terrminate ADSL", how can I keep my exetel account?

kozdesign

Connection and disconnection fees on Naked DSL

Post by kozdesign » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:27 pm

Hi there,
    I'm trying to work out a few things before I move house, to a place I know I will only be in for just under a year.

1. Is the connection fee for a Naked DSL connection $88 instead of $100?

2. When it says:
    [quote]*All Naked ADSL2 plans have an initial contract period of 12 months. If an ADSL2 service is cancelled (including moving to another address) before the end of 12 months there is a termination fee equal to the number of unused months multiplied by $40.00 per unused month.[/quote]
    http://www.exetel.com.au/a_plan_pricing ... hp#toggle1

does that mean if I live somewhere for 11.5 months does that mean the ununsed months being 0 means the termination fee is $0?

3. Is this termination fee different to the cancellation fee of $100? Or will I be charged both?

Thanks,
    Joshua

jimeoin

Moving a phone number

Post by jimeoin » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:49 am

I am on an RX2t contract that expired a few days ago.

I bought a house about 150m away on the weekend and I have some questions about moving my ADSL2 there.

I assume at this stage I can keep my number.

1) Does Exetel organise to move the number or do I have to get Optus to do it?

2) How much lead time should I allow for my application? e.g if i'm moving in early feb 08.

3) I understand I will have to change to either incphoneA or B, is that correct?

Any help will be appreciated!

Cheers
    Jimeoin