20%
No
80%

Total votes: 10

unclekenz

Exetel Management .. help us members help you

Post by unclekenz » Tue May 24, 2005 2:18 pm

:? :?
Let me say at the outset I think Exetel is terrific. But for the life of me I find Exetel’s guidelines for members fathoming the bonus system to attract new users is next to useless. How one goes about it is pure gobbledegook, sure the nerds and geeks understand but ordinary folk run a mile. Why can’t it be simply stated in a logical sequence of what and how to do it and provide an automated way to execute?

:?: Or aren’t you really bothered about having us, your existing members, help you out with word of mouth referrals amongst our friends and contacts? You are? Read on then …

:idea: Here’s an excellent example of a website utilising not only the general public but also its existing member base to promote a product.
Goto http://www.skype.com/community/share/ They have incorporated this invite part not only in the process of new users applying but also it is at one’s finger tips via skype members onscreen interface. In Exetel’s case, such an invite facility should at least be prominently displayed on the “public face” website and also included for logged on members when they access the Exetel's ADSL Customer's User Facilities. For example, under “Exetel Members” facility list, add an “Invite new user” topic heading and automate the process. Sit back and watch Exetel’s appreciative members work for you for free! As the saying goes .. have your cake and eat it too? .. too bloody right mate .. lol :roll:

:?: Food for thought? I hope so. Feedback is welcome and don't forget to vote above. Cheers. 8)
Last edited by unclekenz on Tue May 24, 2005 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boozer

Post by boozer » Tue May 24, 2005 2:23 pm

yuck like spam.. i hate those things. If a mate wants internet i will refer them to whirlpool.net.au (or take them there myself) and also give some recommendations no more is needed. :shock:
.:.Boozer.:.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Tue May 24, 2005 2:31 pm

Isn't it straight forward?

Refer 10 people, get 6 months free net?

LarryK

Post by LarryK » Tue May 24, 2005 9:47 pm

I think it's straight forward too, but you can't please everyone, now can you ...

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Tue May 24, 2005 11:05 pm

Why not?

triple5adam

Post by triple5adam » Wed May 25, 2005 8:36 am

nothing can help exetel at this stage -
except maybe:
1) decent reliable network services
2) professional customer and helpdesk support

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Wed May 25, 2005 9:27 am

I've very very rarely had problems, and when I have called up they were solved quickly by someone who knew what he was talking about.

This wasn't the case when I called up bigpond (waited 40mins on hold) and talked to somebody who told me to reset my comp, that was the extent of his help.

katilyst

Post by katilyst » Wed May 25, 2005 6:44 pm

triple5adam wrote:1) decent reliable network services
until telstra provides this, then there is no hope for anyone
Russ

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed May 25, 2005 10:50 pm

"Or aren’t you really bothered about having us, your existing members, help you out with word of mouth referrals amongst our friends and contacts?"

If you look at the referral thread you will see that over 25% of current Exetel users have joined because a friend/ colleague directly benefitted from them joining.

In fact over 70% of all Exetel users state they joined because of a recommendation from a current user.

The current user recommendation scheme has worked well and can always be improved.

Any suggestions are always welcomed and carefully considered.

Please understand that Exetel is a very small, privately owned and run, company that is very, very careful about how it operates its business.